Fingerspinning Preferences

Hey guys, I’m doing a revision on a yoyo i’m making, and want to put a finger spinning aspect into it, what is your favorite finger spinning element?

for me i just love the way the queen’s cup is designed… i can finger spin on it for days.

for finger spinning tricks I prefer yoyos that are pretty empty on the sides. just a flat side. that way I can immediately move on with the trick and not take forever getting the yoyo centered. for just fingerspinning… any of those options work.

It’s strange. I have an Elysian, it has that dimple in the center to make finger spinning easy…yet I can’t finger spin that too well. Neither can I do it with my Horizon (Raised bowl).

I’ve had best results with yoyos like my Aviator 2 (large flat surface), and my Shu-ta. Waiting for my Move to get here to see how that goes as it looks like one uniform bowl that meets at a sharp point in the center.

I really like the horizons finger spinning ability with it’s cup I fin that works best.

1 Like

I have both the Horizon and the Shu-ta and both handle fingerspins very differently. The Horizon (and I can safely say, the MOVE as well) does a very nice center fingerspin with its concave, so it can stay on your finger for a VERY long time, long enough for you to nail some pretty sick grind combos. The Shu-ta however has a flatter (and smaller) fingerspin area, so it’s harder to nail a nice fingerspin. But it is precisely because of its difficulty that makes it such a fun yoyo to do fingerspins with. The Horizon beats the Shu-ta at fingerspins hands down, but sometimes I just like to do it on the Shu-ta. It somewhat feels more satisfying xD

I have to agree that the Horizon is the best cup design for finger spinning. The C3 MOVE has very similar too.

I think that the Orbis is a pretty good design also. I can almost fingerspin just as well with that.

i just go for dogma when i m hopping stuff around

because of its design, i would imagine the elysian is rather prone to stripping…

i would say something like the super g…
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41ZF-a-PB2L.SY355.jpg
not too large, yet not too small

Weekend.

For me, nothing beats the General Yo prophecy for finger spins. The unique center ring and nub provide an almost frictionless groove that just rests on your finger. It provides a completely unique feel that I can’t get when using any of my other throws.

I like the way the Elysian is shaped with the axle. However, I don’t like the Elysian for anything else other than for fingerspins. If another company makes a yoyo with the axle exposed kind of thing that the Elysian has for around $100 and plays well as a yoyo, I will certainly be interested.

I like the hubstack like ones from auldey

White Hole is my current fav, it draws your finger into the middle and just spins for a long time with little effort. http://www.yoyomuseum.com/?1931

My Elysian fingerspins the best out of any yoyo ice tried.

Yea, I’ll have to agree with you there. I’ve gotten better over the past few days spinning my Elysian. I think I’ll have some pretty amazing results too with the Move, that is when the USPS decides to make their delivery. I could have had it Friday but they let something slip through the cracks and now should see it today.

I think the Elysian happens to have an exposed axle. I don’t think that aspect of it is a differentiator from other designs.

It is handily the easiest yoyo to fingerspin. Haven’t tried a MOVE yet, but it easily trumps the Horizon, Shu-Ta, Prestige, etc. To me it is a concave cup that’s more acute than that found on the Horizon, and which just happens to have an exposed axle.

Side note about the Prestige: you don’t fingerspin on the raised dimple. Normally, at least. I mean, if you can hit it, you get long fingerspins; however, the intention isn’t to hit it, but rather the channel just outside of it.

Just received my Move. Definitely has a different feel than the Elysian. I want to describe it as if the Yoyofficer Quash had a bowl instead of a flat face. I’m going to switch out the bearing when I get home in favor of a concave/centering bearing as I got some unexpected snags. Also need to break in the pads but man, this thing is great at spinning!

You see, I happen to hit the bump on the prestige a lot, and that is why I asked the question.

The design I ended up going with is like the prestige but easier to hit and closer to the bottom of the cup.

I guess we will see how it turns out when I get the proto next week.

I hit the Prestige hub all the time. Just takes practice, like anything.