Best yoyo around 50 or 60 dollars (or under) w/ a fingerspin dimple

What is a good yoyo in the 50 - 60 dollar price range that can spin long, has a fingerspin dimple, wide and is good for kids?

Prob any fingerspin plastic like speedaholic xx, shooting star, aoe, plastic cheatcode, or mojo. For monometals speedaholic mn and scintillator have fingerspin circles but they’re flat and don’t lock in for small fingers. Speedaholic fx has a nice dimple and metal rims. And the metal cheatcode is probably the best for fingerspinning but heavy and not very fun otherwise.

Tdlr: get the speedaholic fx at $50 or any plastic in the first sentence they think looks cool (plastic cheatcode is the widest and prob longest spinning)

3 Likes

Thanks for the recommendations! I’ve been thinking of the Speedaholic mn too. The Speedaholic fx looks nice, I’m considering getting it. Thank you again!

1 Like

I recommend the D.I.Y… It’s plastic, but built like a tank. It plays great, and it gives super easy, long lasting fingerspins.

6 Likes

Speedaholic fx for sure for your price range🧬

2 Likes

Thanks for the recommendation, but it looks like it will be hard to hit the fingerspins because of that “wall” surrounding the dimple.

1 Like

I find it easy to hit, and that wall keeps the finger locked in. It also pull starts right into a finger spin for easy DNA practice.

3 Likes

Oh alright, I just think that if you miss the fingerspin dimple, the yoyo will fall off instead of being able to orient itself into the dimple.

3 Likes

I don’t use it for spins much, mostly pull starts, but the dimple on the C3 Scintillator is nice! It’s right at your budget. It’s really wide and a lot of fun.

Edit: didn’t notice good for kids but I think as long as they can already handle an unresponsive its just string length mostly, right?

2 Likes

The wall around the dimple can help. If you miss the dimple, you can angle your finger so that a knuckle bumps into the wall and pushes your fingertip into the dimple

2 Likes

I’m gonna go really cheap. Magic yoyo v11 or v12 good yoyo with finger spin hub and you can get multiple did your max price there.

Otherwise maybe a plastic cheatcode.

Plastic cheat code or the yyf superstar

The DIY is a fingerspin beast :metal:

If you’re looking to buy new: iYoyo Shooting Star for $30. This option comes with both responsive & unresponsive bearings and axels, which might make it more kid-friendly.

If you don’t mind used: YYF Czech Point Pivot (~$30 used; not available on YYE anymore sadly). This is the better performer of the two, both for fingerspins and regular play.

I’ve also heard great things about the Offset Cheatcode.

Speedaholic MN, FX, Scintillator, Winter Solstice are ones i can list off the top of my head

(post deleted by author)