Favourite CLYW that was made in china?

Side note gold nsk center tracs and YYR DS NSK plats are my favorite bearings

3 Likes

DS is one of the best bearing shapes unless you’re YoYo isn’t doing snappy binds haha.

2 Likes

It’s funny, my akita hasn’t given me any trouble. It’s still more responsive than I’d prefer, but not to the point where I feel its worth bothering with. I do run night moves in mine which is the thinnest slickest string I’ve found.

I kinda wonder if the snow pads themselves are a bit inconsistent in responsiveness between batches of the same color. I have pads of the same color in different clyw that feel totally different to the touch.

2 Likes

Hmm. One thing that might be the case (don’t take this as fact because I don’t have an Akita) is that the gap of the yoyo might be too small. Depending on how CLYW made the gap could effect the snappiness of binds. Thinner gap means more consistent binds but more responsiveness, and wider gaps lead to some missed binds but more unresponsive play; since it’s a signature throw the player might of wanted the former.

1 Like

I’d prefer missed binds than a throw that’s to snaggy imo

1 Like

Maybe I jus have to use slimmer string in the Akita

4.35mm. Pretty average these days. I have some buddah clyw sized pads that I haven’t tried yet. They feel about as firm as the blue snow tires and are a hair thinner. I’ve got a cliff showing up tomorrow and I bet its response will need some help, if they do I’ll try the buddahs and report back.

1 Like

Airetic slims work really well in clyws also. They were my go to until I tried the markmonts.

I’d rather have some fairly serious vibe than snaggy unpredictable response. Vibe won’t hurt you, an unexpected bind can really ruin your day.

2 Likes

My absolute favorite throw has vibe but it gives the throw personality like it feels good aha

1 Like