Favourite CLYW that was made in china?

Metal Yeti.

Compass and Dune I like also.

5 Likes

Ouu wow, I also see the banana hammock, its really good too pixel bearing does wonders

Yes, it’s has the Dune vibe and was the prototype of sorts for the Dune.

I am missing a bi-metal Bham. I should do something about that.

1 Like

There was some on fools gold that sold out fast and one on here that sold fast too

Manatee

1 Like

Pickaxe and Akita

1 Like

BiHam and Akita. Wildfire is excellent, but probably too similar to some other bimetals I have.

1 Like

Yo I just recently got a borealis 2 mint but it seems like it is almost too responsive. Any thoughts?

1 Like

clean the bearing?

1 Like

Yea maybe clean or change the bearing, what colour is it?

I feel like it is the response pass though it spins fine it just has a very fast response

Creep… :grin:

2 Likes

Yeah, I often have that same problem. It’s the snow tires, they have a lot of surface compared to 19mm pads. Snow tires come in some different hardness levels, try some aquas. They have also started shipping a pad they call summer tires in some yoyos, I think maybe in the latest iteration of dunes. They are designed to be less grabby. I keep hoping to see them available separately.

Sometimes thinner string is enough to avoid changing the response. I prefer Markmont’s draken, night moves or cirrus foam in most of my clyw that still have snow tires.

I usually just silicone my problematic clyw. I can make sure its nice and recessed, and they are easy to do with that fat response groove. Clyw play best for me this way, especially the wildfire. I tried different strings, different bearings, different pads and I never felt like it played up to its potential. Then I siliconed it, and it woke right up.

3 Likes

The Akita is my favorite Chinese clyw, followed by the biham. Peak2 and bear trap are really fun too. I haven’t tried the boy yet.

3 Likes

Well yeah my Akita is the only one with a real snaggy response really felt like it had potential, maybe I’ll try different pads, I was thinking sochi clyw pads

Sochis are kinda grippy also, I have it in my Marmot

2 Likes

Well dang aha

1 Like

If you can find Sōchí or Snow Tires in blue those are less grippy. Also changing the string to something more slick or thin can help reduce the friction, as well as a center track, concave, or any similar bearing if you’re using a flat bearing. Any bearing that fully centers the string is the best for CLYW throws.

2 Likes

I’d been wondering about the sochi, but had gathered that sochi tends towards the grippy end of response.

1 Like

I use stock or gold NSK center tracks for clyws but my Akita has a dif e o