Favorite yoyo released in 2023?

My favorite finish that gained popularity this year is Cerakote but none of the yoyos I have it on were released this year. So my favorite yoyo of 2023 is the Duncan Freehand Mini small bearing hands down no questions asked.

2 Likes

This is a tough question as I got a few greats this year. If it has to be one, though, I think it’s got to be the Dressel Designs Emotion. It’s a fantastic mono that is comfortable, smooth as can be (only Motion is on par for me), and fantastically balanced. It’s always a pleasure to throw, and even though it’s not always in my rotation, I always come back to it. I also got the clear coat, and the finish is amazing! Really enhances the quality feel of it. Anyone looking for a great mono, get the Emotion (or Linear).

16 Likes

has the empath been released? or you tried a prototype?

It’s been released since September

2 Likes

thanks for the info!

1 Like

Empath looks sick. I want one. So many yoyos I want as usual can never decide which ones to get. Then I can’t decide which color to get once I decide which I want. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Since the Bathysphere isn’t going to be “technically” released until 2024 (Jan 12th mark them calendars) I’ll throw my vote in for the Honey Badger 23 as my favorite release of 2023.

10 Likes

I am pretty bias on this but I mean…… it’s phenomenal

Motion - Parallel

20 Likes

2023 Fixed Axle of the Year hands down is the Wildwood Crop Circle

@Eric_Newlin

22 Likes

Pretty much every yoyo I’ve bought was in 2023. Of the ones actually released in 2023, every one I picked up is fantastic: Motion Linear, DD Emotion, Motion Parallel, and the Hollywood Modern Yoyo’s Dopamine. How can you not love all 4 of these?

Going to go with the Linear as my favorite. I think it was the right yoyo at the right time for me, and I’ve spent more time throwing it than any other. Such a good yoyo.

3 Likes

Bathysphere is sooo good

2 Likes

Finishing up the OD’s with silicone so I threw the energy domes on it, feels nice and chonky since I’ve been playing with ultralights on it for while

19 Likes

Only One more day to 2024 :flushed:

Grasshopper 2.0.

13 Likes

2023 was a strong year in the yoyo world.

there were several new additions to the ever expanding collection.

i find myself picking up the RSO Martian, Second Invasion a lot. So, I’ll go with that one as my favorite this year. It really depends on my mood but that one always seems to hit just right.

Enjoy the throw my friends
Have a safe and happy new year!!

kgb

14 Likes

Biased but really

If I can only keep one I think the AL7 Arbiter X brass takes the cake as the best performing for 23.

15 Likes

I need one of those. That purple heart is gorgeous

Y’all already know… but Klondike fasho. Has been my all time favorite yoyo for about 6 months straight so far.

23 Likes

Another for the Klondike!

15 Likes

i like my g2 mongoose. i got it late, and i caught up with mostly old releases this year to replace my collection. but i really like this piece. the shape is perfect for my style and comfortable - g2 smooth and stable. fast or relaxed. i am pleased!

3 Likes