Favorite yoyo released in 2023?

The Dopamine is a fantastic yoyo (and also one of my favorites of the year) but it is not at all an organic yoyo

2 Likes

Absolutely amazing throw!

From the second I saw it I knew it was going to be insane and it didn’t disappoint

1 Like

you’re probably right, i just call any o-shape yoyo an organic :broken_heart:

1 Like

Any more yoyos??

Update: Elite 23 is probably one of the best yoyos I’ve played. The combination of light weight, and extreme rim weight give it a combination of graceful, effortless movement and commanding presence. 39 of its 59 grams, 66% of the total mass, are packed into the SS rims.

Get one if you can.

16 Likes

Despite my undying love for organics and the Sakura Bowl being my most beloved throw, my favorite is the Steadfast. This thing is flat out incredible. The more I play with it, and the more I play with everything else, the more impressed I am by it.

20 Likes

Crop Circle / Crop Circle Jr. / Mini Crop Circle

19 Likes

My favorite 2023 release.

Plays well, reasonably priced, plenty of stock.

Warrants the buzzzz.

14 Likes

Really want to try one of these.

2 Likes

These are sweet as they play just a little bit big than a Canvas, and RSO has smooth Ti dialed, definitely an heirloom piece.

2 Likes

hmmm

July yoyo did some great work this year

8 Likes

The Duncan Grasshopper GTX 2.0 is definitely my favorite release of the year so far! It may be one of the only releases this year I’ve played but it is truly an incredible throw and out performs my entire collection even from 14 years of yoyoing! The spin time is absolutely ridiculous, super stable and smooth, and has a ton of power to it.

The only downside I can think of is that the response is a bit snaggy on mine, so once I clean the bearing I’ll consider putting in some flowable silicone instead. But even with that, it’s still incredible. I do every trick I can think of in a row and it still comes back with power as if to say “is that all you’ve got?”. I’m very pleased with it as my first bimetal and by far my best competition yoyo to date

18 Likes

My current Top 5 of 2023 releases as on November 7th 2023

1. Yoyovideoarchive Arkhein
  2. YoYoFriends (FPM) Ti KOI
  3. SENSE (YoYo Palace) Next Journey
  4. Doc Pop Populist
  5. Duncan Freehand Delrin
5 Likes

Wait there’s a 2.0 now? Welp I know what to snag on Black Friday…

2 Likes

Did the polycarb el mijo drop this year. Pretty sure it did. That’s my favorite for the year.

1 Like

The El Mojo poly released Spring 2023.

3 Likes

This has certainly been my favourite this year.

12 Likes

I got these two within a couple of weeks of one another. I think that they are two of my favorite throws yet.

12 Likes

So for me are those ones not in order, every of those has a characteristic that make it stand out for the rest I tried

Unprld - SU1

Such an underrated yoyo from Unprld, this thing is a total tech machine, is a tank, incredibly powerful, spin forever, stable like a train, nice and fast, it feels a bit heavy but it give great presence on the string, horizontals are crazy with this, literally deserved more recognition, the price is not friendly sadly, I get it as a gift luckily and is seriously an amazing and good looking yoyo

CLYW - Klondike

No need of description, the consensus that this yoyo get is insane as it is an insane yoyo, probably top of 2023 without any question, a yoyo able to be used for the WYYC or casual play, is up to the player, one of the most reliable yoyos ever had

ZGRT - Libero

It is just recently out but being in the team I am playing it from months, for me this is the best monometal of the year, I tried many but the Libero is the one that give me vibes closer to a bimetal, is incredibly stable and competition oriented, it makes the slacks and whips feel safe cause the width and the shape of the yoyo also very stable on arm tricks and horizontals, it moves nimble on the string and is great to be played for hours without get tired as it is quite light, also ngl I have a soft spot for the look and the colourway choosen, for me best monometal of 2023

Wish I can also add the Unprld - Seiji another underrated beast which I play basically daily and probably one of the greatest yoyo ever but it was December 2022 release

9 Likes