Favorite yoyo released in 2023?

Best of 2023 for me so far is the Throwback Origen. This one completely surprised me. The response is awesome and it’s only $20. There are things I would change, notably the finish, but I wouldn’t touch the price at all. If I didn’t feel like I was running out of storage space for throws, I would have bought all three colors.

16 Likes

Brass herdsman. I’ve got hundreds of throws and this has been in my pocket for almost a month. Pretty unheard for me.

24 Likes

I think this one is going to be my answer once it lands in my mailbox !

I got this same color too looking so good in chug jug :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Haha! I see you left the TP in the background. EVO is growing on you, ya?

3 Likes

Lol, nah, it was just how it was when I took the photo when I first got it.

Its a little finicky, it requires finess or it easilly tilts off axis, its trickier to play, but its fun with lots of power.

TBH, this morning I was struggling to figure out a new trick, ended up using my butter to learn it :slight_smile: - Im the most familiar with that throw.

2 Likes

Harmonic (motion)

I am not a huge organic fan but I can’t really seem to put this one down. I love accelerated as well. Lot of good yo-yos this year but gotta give the top slot to harmonic.

23 Likes

Really like the new Genesis

13 Likes

I agree, it’s really nice :hugs:

1 Like

Idk is this cheating? Does it count? Re released 2023 turbo grind machine or mutant for that matter. It’s currently one of my favorite throws that I’ve bought this year.

9 Likes

Here’s what I got that had an official 2023 release date…so far. (2 other are on route…and another 3 are in pre-order…)

Motion Accelerated
Offset Cheatcode
Wildewood Gnomad
Yoyofriends: Nucleon and Roundabout.

Out of these if I’d have to pick…the Accelerated would be my favorite by far. It seems the absolute best design that I really enjoy playing with.

In a very much deserved 2nd place would be the Gnomad. The look and feel of this thing is amazing. It’s handmade with a LOT of love and care and it’s really motivated me to start exploring 0a tricks a lot more.

That said…ask me again in a month or 2-3 when all my pre-orders have come in. (Dressel, Motion and Mazal Top goodness.)

14 Likes

Hi. Nice collection, congrats.
Did you order the motion accelerated from an European shop? I believe it is against the forum rules to cite the name of the online shop, but I guess you can inform if it was an US or an European seller.
Thanks!

I bought it from Motion Direct.

1 Like

I absolutely messed up and posted in this thread extraordinarily prematurely. THIS is without a doubt the best yoyo I’ve used that has released this year, and it’s not even close.

This thing SLAAAPS, it was the only throw I brought with me on a trip out of town and it was all I needed. It’s got a perfect feel, and really brings me back to my nostalgic YYJ days. The AL rings make it a more stable version of the pure plastic Fulvia, and it’s got a nice soft feel on the string that almost makes switching back to a metal feel… weird? I really, really love that you can get a yoyo THIS good for $55. I’m telling you… 2023 is the year @jeffreypang911, the dude is on a mf roll rn man. Do yourself a favor and cop one of these - when the anodized AL rim version drops later, I’m gonna be all over that too.

23 Likes

I have the V2 prototype, but the production version was released this year: G2 Titanium Triton. This was a hard one to answer because all my favorite yoyo purchases this year are not released this year.

18 Likes

bump! we dont want this ded:)

I have some lovely additions for this thread…

1 Like

Hands down Motion Harmonic for me. But keep in mind that I’ve tried not so many yoyos released in 2023… Absolutely love that colorway!

12 Likes

any more yoyos??

For a yoyo from 2023 it’s hands-down the Cappy '22. It went on in the YYE store in 2023 so i count it as a 2023 yo.

Also i gotta say it’s a bit early to call seeing as how we’re not done with the year yet

10 Likes

Hollywood Modern Dopamine for me. Comfortable 7075 organic, really good stability, and a pretty pride edition that I managed to get the last one of :)) I actually used it to compete in Sports 1A this year! I’ll see if i can post it in the forum later

18 Likes