Favorite Yo-yo Manufacturer?

Monkeyfinger is one that I can never get ahold of. I want one so bad and have for years but I either miss the release or just flat out wasn’t fast enough lol

2 Likes

G2
RSO
Yoyofriends

5 Likes

For me personally it has to be either something or c3yoyodesign.

4 Likes

One Drop 4 Lyfe

The last couple of years I’ve been mostly buying FreshlyDirty & Recess in addition to One Drop or things One Drop has machined for other brands. I sure do love other companies and love trying new stuff but for some reason it’s what I always go back to. There’s so much out there now it’s hard to keep up and try everything.

5 Likes

One Drop!

3 Likes

One Drop, Static Co., a-RT (are you seeing a pattern yet…?), and ILYY.

5 Likes

One Drop. I have two rows dedicated to One Drop in my yo-yo case.

5 Likes

Tough question to answer. There can be a manufacturer that has one particular model which really resonates with you, but there could be another that puts out a higher quantity of overall good throws or where all their models feel special.

Favourite Manufacturer in terms of brand experience and feeling special: RSO

Favourite Manufacturer in terms of performance/competition: Yoyorecreation

Manufacturer with the highest cool factor: Mowl

Buuuuut favourite standalone yo-yo: Magnum Opus.

7 Likes

My favorites would be (in no particular order) TopYo, C3 and YoYoFactory.

Topyo is because the quality-to-price ratio is incredible. The Colossus V for $20, the Null which is made of 7000-series aluminum for $35 (I own two because colors), and even the $14 Mojo swings above it’s price point. No, they’re not premium throws, but what you get for what you pay impresses me every time.

YYF because they don’t have a niche style or shape. They’ve got everything from Gentry’s Shutter family to the Horizon to my perennial favorite, the Whip. The Whip deserves an award for being probably the best “gateway” yoyo on the market today. Nothing plays close to it for six bucks. Change my mind.

And C3 because they made the Speedaholic XX. 'Nuff said. :grin:

Ivan

9 Likes

YYF is a very diverse company for sure, always something different and innovative. The only thing I’d argue you on is the Fools gold Yeti being the best yoyo you can get for 5-6 bucks. :wink: But you could also say that doesn’t count because the A-grades are what 35 or something lol.

2 Likes

You guys are not only giving great answers but also I’m learning more than I thought about some companies I didn’t know or pay much attention to. I need to stop being so closed minded and one sided with throws and try something different! (Eventually. Since picking up the hobby again maybe 6-7 weeks ago I have purchased 6 new throws. My wallet/cards are begging for a break lol)

2 Likes

I seem to be one of the only ones that likes the flat One Drop 10 ball bearings though lol. I am probably going to swap a Dif e yo into the Thorn, but I do appreciate how smooth and quiet their bearings are. Always find a throw for them one way or the other

3 Likes

I love the OD flat bearings. They definitely need to be paired with the right throw though. Right now I have one in my Dang 2, LTerrarian, Intro, and Memento.

3 Likes

1st YoYoFactory, because I admire and appreciate the trail for which YoHans & Ben have blazed over time. Trend setters are better and they have enriched my life.

2nd CLYW, because Jensen told YYF to go suck their sponsorship program and teamed up with Caribou Chris…Rad! We all know how that turned out. I also appreciate Steve Brown for nurturing the Caribou herd these days.

Mad Respect for 1Drop…Pure American Metal!

7 Likes

Ill always love SPYY! every yoyo I’ve played from them is awesome and unique. Alas, they’re no longer being made, soo…

My current list is
YYR
Motion
Topyo

Honestly, i just love yoyos though. Those may be my top 3, but the others are a close 4th, 5th, 6th, etc. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Toss up between MFD and One drop.
I’m a tye dye fan, and love the crazy colorways from MFD, and their throws have some great performance as well.

One drop. I like the feel of many of their designs, lots of variety. At least 4 are in my regular rotation.

And i have to include BC/Tom Kuhn.
These are what drew me in back in the 80s

That said, theres a lot of really nice stuff out there. Zero gravity, C3 makes some incredible stuff. Topyo offers great throws for low $$. And lots I’ve yet to try

4 Likes

Agreed completely, I always find a place for them. Usually my more casual chill throws where string centering/stability and everything thing else aren’t as important to me. They’re so smooth and quiet, wish they’d come out with a concave version of that 10 ball!

3 Likes

In terms of ACTUAL manufacturers? One Drop or FPM (YoYoFriends).

In terms of just companies… OD, CLYW and YYF (who is especially killling lately with the comp throws - they’ve gathered quite the unbelievable competition lineup lately with the Shutter EVO, IQ and Edge 2022).

6 Likes

I loved Spyy too! Amazing throws. Almost traded this guy awhile back and I was like man I just can’t I’m sorry

5 Likes

For actual yoyo manufacturers it’s only OneDrop and YoYoFriends for the most part, so I’ll go with OneDrop because of their insane dedication to quality and that sweet sweet easy to remove bearing.

For yoyo companies, it’s a bit more difficult. I don’t usually follow a brand or buy everything a brand comes out with, I just buy whatever looks appealing to me. My favourite yo-yos are from various different brands like OPYOYOS, OneDrop, Mowl, General Yo, YoYoFriends and Dressel Designs. It’s more about the yoyo than the company behind the yoyo for me.

That said, I think Mowl would be my favourite yoyo company just because of how much I love their Surveillance line. I fell in love with the original Surveillance back in 2018 and now I have 3 of the new Surveillance and 2 Surveillance HPF. I need to get myself 2 Surveils as well.

6 Likes