Favorite Titanium?

I love it. Mine is dead smooth and the finish is unique. I know of nothing like it. And, it’s titanium.

1 Like

You go doc. Specificity is a good thing. :grinning:

1 Like

Is it good for grinds?
In Luftverk’s site they say that this finishing behaves similarly to brass or nickel plated yoyos that oxidises and develops its own patina over time. You can also clean the patina with soap.

1 Like

I’m not a grind guy. But, I think it would be fine. It’s really not like an oxidization. It maintains its smoothness it just gets darker in color from the oils in your hands. It is really like no other finish. It looks like from pictures that it is a coarse finish but it isn’t. It is a smooth finish.

2 Likes

The Ti 888 is really fun! As for playability RSO Tiramasu D bearing version

2 Likes

It’s insane how many titanium yoyos there are now, its so cool to see. When I started Luftverk in 2015 I could count on one hand how many titanium yoyos were released per year.

This thread is a wealth of information, for anyone who has mentioned my designs or products I really appreciate it : )

Out of the ones I’ve designed my favorite playing is either 000, Evora 2020, or the Acadia Bimetal.

Out of ones I didn’t design I think the Citizen really struck a chord with me. Shawn really is an artist. Still regret selling it to this day, but did it to fund Luftverk projects so it had to happen.

I will work hard to try and make it to more peoples top lists! : )

13 Likes

I think you nailed it. Its not coarse… It feels like a dusty chalkboard.

I wrote an article about both the super slick hardcoat AMS2488 vs the Ultra-Matte here. The images also help see the contrast well too:

5 Likes

Wow that’s 3 Tinmans!

2 Likes

Anybody tried the Vosun TiPS? seems like great bargain…
vosun-tips

vosun-tips 2

5 Likes

Nope just two.
Two out of 55……

4 Likes

my favorites are Apogee by sOMEThING, and Soul by Turning Point.

3 Likes

Speaking of Ti… Im really surprised there are still some Ti The End Part 2 on RSO. Seems like most of RSO stuff goes fast.

9 Likes

My current Ti collection. 2 Luftverk are missing…

12 Likes

Ultima ( non bimetal )

1 Like

16 left!

I assume he will pull the stock and send them to stores soon. Especially since he wants to take a break for the new baby.

3 Likes

This was a much larger release (95) than previous.

Not surprised there’s a few stragglers and a nice opportunity for those that have the means and want it.

7 Likes

Yeah. The large run size is great! Made enough to satisfy immediate demand as well as for people who needed a bit more time, or didn’t jump on the purchase quick enough. Compared to the Starship. 45 units, sold out in a day.

4 Likes

Maybe it’s the sense of nostalgia for me, but the Ti 888 is my favorite titanium, and one of my favorite yoyos altogether. My first nice yoyo was a bootleg 888, the Aoda Sunshine. Say what you will about bootlegs, being a 11 year old kid, I could hardly afford the real thing. I got the Sunshine through my mom’s brother who lived in China.

Knowing what I had was a bootleg, I could only dream of the real thing. My brother also had an Aoda Sunshine, and we sometimes talked about how much we wish there was a titanium 888. Later on, I came to acquire quite a few different 888s out of the sense of nostalgia for one of my favorite yoyos.

I was quite ecstatic to hear through the Yoyofactory Facebook group Ben was working on designing a titanium 888 based off the original 888. Of course I could not pass on the opportunity to purchase one. I will admit, it is not the best performing titanium yoyo I have, but that was also not the point of a titanium 888. The only goal Ben had in mind was to make a titanium version of the 2007 888, and I think he accomplished that amazingly.

10 Likes

Anyone have recommendations for me? I’ve been trying to find the most highly recommended titanium throws but the dazzler has still stayed as my top.

2 Likes

I haven’t tried nearly as many coveted throws as you, but of the 3 I’ve tried (Antithesis, Ti-shutter, Metavity), I’ve been really liking the Metavity.

It’s pretty floaty and has very good performance. Just a very comfy, stable throw with a soothing hum. Been throwing mine a lot lately.

2 Likes