Favorite Titanium?

Hyperion.

3 Likes

Simple question…. But asking for clarity>

The subject question is ‘Favorite Titanium’?

Like in mono-metal Ti?

Or favorite considering both mono Ti and Ti/stainless bimetals?

….So, if somebody says it’s down to either a Tiss Wisteria and a Ti Krown, they are comparing a bi—metal with a straight Ti.

5 Likes

I’ve started to get into the Ti. I do like the Titanic a lot. Metavity, very much enjoying Project Ti as well… but i picked up Ti Krown over the new year and i have to say that guy is on a whole other level. WOW!

Here’s my Ti collection cause this seems like the right place to post it.

16 Likes

Having played multiple ti now I think I can safely say ti organics like the Bowl and 000 will probably never be on any of my lists as a favorite. They have a very unique and distinctly titanium feel with how thin the walls are, but it’s not a feel I even prefer over organics in other materials. I’d much rather have a performance oriented ti yoyo using the material for something more practical than just being a very thin walled organic.

My favorite on my list right now would be a JT Fossil and even then, it’s not even a favorite monometal for me. It feels like an incredibly well optimized performance driven monometal, but something about it just didn’t totally mesh with me. Still really wanting to try a Bros some day.

6 Likes

For those if you that have played many titanium throws including the TiVayder, how does the TiVayder hold up in your personal opinion?

Knowing what you know now, if you only had a TiVayder and had to add only one more titanium, what would it be?

3 Likes

My favorite style is 0A style not many titanium options for me but love my ti confusion hopefully someday I can get a silver bullet or preferably a yweti mk11

:crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

I loved my Tivayder but did not use it enough and sold it unfortunately so someone else could give it the love it deserves. As far as a plus 1 I champion the tiramisu. It’s amazing. But @Ian_Bender recently got a tiramisu and was not a fan. So do with that what you will. If the tiramisu was not something I had I would say the mustang would be my +1.

7 Likes

Thank you, it most definetly tells me personal preference is everything and ones choice should be tailored by ones self. Which sucks because I can’t try everything, lol.

Fo now, the TiVayder is scratching the itch thankfully. If I had to take a wild shot in the dark at what might suite me, it would be the titanium 888

4 Likes

Very nice Ti-Collection. I agree with your comments on the Ti Krown. It is a most unique Ti yo-yo. It has all the performance of the best Ti out there; but with a light, float that is not usually found in most Ti. I love mine too.

5 Likes

I think the Ti-Vayder is one of the best Ti out there. When evaluated as (performance * enjoyment)/$cost, the Ti-Vayder is unbeatable.
Only one of Codinghorror’s great contributions to the yo-yo community.

9 Likes

Did he do something else?

Joking, and I agree, he did us a real solid and I hope to see a similar act done within our lifetime (anyone want to license out the OG Peak rights?)

2 Likes

I´m thinking about buying the Ti Krown since I do have have any ti yoyo. But its so expensive…How do you compare the Titanic to the Ti Krown in play?

3 Likes

Is the Ti krown also stable and powerfull?

5 Likes

The titanic was the second Ti i bought after the Vayder. They both play very biffrent cause the shapes are extremely diffrent. I started to apreciate the Titanium as a material. A well designed Ti has a unique and elite feel. I believe Titanium is stronger heavier and more denser which allows for extreme design features that are beyond my understanding.
The Titanic is one of the best hard core H shapes i own. I love the H. It’s stable and powerful.
The Ti krown is a V shape, very competitive in nature, more power then i know what to do with. Spins for days. And costs almost 2x as much as the titanic. The krown feels like a luxury race car and i need driving lessons.
My advice is buy the Titanium shapes you prefer.

4 Likes

Thank you Sir. I´m inclined towards the Ti Krown since I like its shape better, and having a blasted finish option is also a plus.

1 Like

I‘m biased and spoiled, but I like it that way.

12 Likes

Any thoughts about the Luftverk Acadia in this ultramatte finish?
yoyo

4 Likes

one-drop-citizen-yoyo-file-photo-1_large
:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

15 Likes

Out all my Ti these are my favorites. However favorites to play doesn’t necessarily equal performance, even though I do like and enjoy all of my performance Ti-s

1. Luftverk/ CLYW raw Ti Peak
  2. RSO / Anti-Yo YWETi SE Mk1
  3. Duncan Freehand Ti

And I also like my Slimline Ti-s as they are just a fun challenge and fit nicely in the pocket.

9 Likes

I just got another Tinman….

12 Likes