Favorite string

On OD’s website

Sorry, but I’m saying this because of Josh. Just simply Agreeing with him.

The reason I’m not a big fan of these smaller companies is because there are too many, and I have trouble seeing the difference in them all, making it hard for me to understand how they’re all unique.

So I stick to Kitty string.

And hamstring is a little company, but when I tried it, it was smooth. So I figured I’d write that down too.

I’m not trying to harsh your deal or anything-- you’ve always been a pretty cool guy! But you can’t really judge something you haven’t tried. You can’t see a difference in them all because you haven’t tried them. :wink: I assure you there is an extraordinary difference between Epic Strings and Big Yoyo “Candy” or “Type 1” (the only two I’ve tried), which in turn each have significant differences compared to standard poly (Candy being the closest to standard poly and the other two being starkly different).

Your phrasing just makes the statement “I don’t care to investigate a bunch of companies when what I’m using is suiting me just fine!” (a perfectly valid opinion) into “they’re not worth my time because I think they’re all the same,” (an ill-formed opinion based not on personal experience and seemingly at least partially informed by an outside opinion).

I know that not everyone’s an experimenter and that for some people, $5 is better channeled into a known commodity. But I can say for sure that even if I circle back around to standard poly, it will be because I understand and appreciate the alternatives without dismissing them out of hand.

1 Like

Bigyoyo Candy for me.

1 Like

You’re absolutely right. I have NOT tried them, and I really should, I just feel that there are so many to try, I just stick to the basics. That’s all. :wink:

Toxic Dragons have always been the best for me. They whip SOO fast. I have yet to find another string that can lacerate close to their speed. Unfortunately, their texture can be a little unforgiving especially with sweaty hand like mine, so I often use a glove. YYSL Ammo I find to be very comfortable and works just as good with pretty much everything except for really fast slacks (which I don’t do much), so it might end up replacing the Dragons as my go-to.

They only string I could find that go as fast as Dragons are BYYS Panther Strings

1 Like

I’ll have to check those out at some point.

Yeah me too.

I am so sick of these threads, I mean your just going to get a million different answers!

1 Like

I don’t think this is a recommendation thread, modman, it’s just a place for people to share their favorites.

My go to is One Drop Basic string, but I’ve recently taken a liking to YYSL Ammo for my throws with larger gaps or slippy binds. I’m not very fond of Toxics, as I’ve been trying out a sample pack of the different types over the past couple weeks, and the “slick” feel that most of them have just isn’t for me at all. The softer strings they offer are quite nice, but a little on the thick side for my tastes. So far, if I HAD to throw with Toxic, I’d go with the Thin Metz.

Ok I think you are right, but I see these all the time!

Unknown yoyo string Jackrabits and their proto steroid string! Best strings in the world! They play like rougher ammo, but longer, and the roughness is perfect!

Ugh, meant to press modify, sorry for the double post.

UPDATE I got my string in the mail today and I’d have to say, Fat Candy Wires are awesome! They are a tad thicker than fat kitty are a tad rough but nothing that will hurt you and also hold tension well, whip nice and hold slack well! I also gotta say, Metz would be my favorite string ever but they are a little too thick if they could create the same string at the thickness of Ammo it would be AMAZING. It is very thick… Its all good though because my YYR SIX has slippy binds :slight_smile:

I don’t believe this thread would be complete without me mentioning that “Twisted Stringz” have been my go-to for quite some time now.

They have an equivalent weight to Toxic Dragons, which I think are awesome, and almost the same stiffness for whipping. They are my personal favorites. I do however try ALL the strings I can. Which is why I still grab a Twisted Stringz much more than any other brand thus far.
I highly recommend their “Type A1” and especially the “Project X”.

I have a hard time believing you would not be impressed with either of those two strings…IMO.

Twisted makes some awesome stuff! Got some in the post waiting to arrive in my grubby little hands as we speak.

Regarding Fat Candy Wires: I wonder if I got shipped an incorrectly labeled pack!? I’d be surprised if they were as thick as normal Kitty, nevermind fat Kitty. I was shocked that they would label them “fat”. Mind you I also find “fat” kitty a bit of an overstatement. “Slightly larger than normal” is more like it. :wink:

They whip so fast if you miss and hit yourself it hurts! And they come in neon yellow and neon green, unlike Dragon… :wink:

Probably a dumb question, but where can I buy BYYS? Also, what’s the texture like on the Panthers?