Favorite string

White Kitty nylon is probably some of the best playing bulk string ever. Super soft, great tension, lasts a long time. Kitty fat is also nice if you like thicker string. Have some Kitty 1.5 on the way that i’m pretty excited about. Hoping for a mixture in play of the nylon and fat poly, but with more vibrant colors than the yellow nylon has.

I’ve found that I like what comes stock with one drop yoyo’s. I don’t know why type of string it is but I like it.

I just use kitty because it is cheapest

I Something strings mostly, sometimes BG1. But on contests I use completly fresh fat Kitty, since they offer more constant play.

One drop Basics string.

nowI need to know where to get more of it.

Fat Kitty

I am starting to find out that for some reason AMMO and me don’t get along , I threw some on my WBD Onestar and it still seemed to give me fits with tension after maybe 2 throws - I am a left handed player but it just seemed like I was spending way more time farting around with adjusting the tension than throwing - So I stuck some Candy Wires type E on and haven’t had NEAR the issues I was having with the AMMO. Not sure what gives with the AMMO unless its a bad batch or the 3 color twist is messing with it.

I am going to get some other 10 packs here and there to test but so far its Candy Wires type E for me…

try yoyo string lab type x inverse since your left handed

I personally favor Markmont Dragon string because I love doing crazy fast whips, otherwise BG1’s or Graou strings are nice depending on the yoyo.

If you like fast whips, give BigYoyo Panther string a try. It’s awesome.

Like Josh Yee says, I’m not really a big fan of all these little string companies.

But the best I have ever used was Normal Hamstring and Kitty string.

Slix & Candy String made by BigYoyo String :smiley:

YYSL Type X, I wanna try Ammo though, it’s gotten nothing but praise. Type X is pretty great, great feel and performance.

I just got Kevlar hamstring and its growing on me.

Really? Don’t be thinking this just because of Josh. I have no idea what was up with that one string but I’ve rocked BYYS on a few throws and these things don’t seem to quit. Great strings.

Isn’t “Hamstring” a little company?

Don’t you think YYSL started out as a “little” company (and if I’m getting the right feeling for Matt, I bet he still considers himself to be the owner of a “little” company)? What about Toxic? Twisted?

I’ve tried so many of the “little” guys (even littler than the ones mentioned above), and they’re all significantly better than bulk poly (including Kitty). Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy Kitty as well. When you burn through dozens of them, you start to recognize the strengths and weaknesses. But the “little guys” are making better string by and large.

If by some coincidence it was one of his bulk strings that snapped, Josh would probably say, “Wow, that was unexpected. I wonder if there’s a burr in the response area?” instead of ripping on a company. It’s just one man with an opinion. Form your own. And if this IS your own opinion formed by experience, don’t bother bringing someone else into it, just own it as yours.

I’ve only used regular poly string, I feel like I won’t notice a difference in more expensive string.

The different strings can sometimes have different density which allows for better slacks or suicides etc.

If you try it, you will. That’s almost like saying, “I’ve tried a Classic, but I don’t think I’ll notice a difference if I try an ANGLAM”.

It’s not necessarily about trying a more expensive string (though they typically are because they’re not “bulk”)… it’s about trying different strings. There are so many different types of threads, yielding totally different types of strings. Something that uses trilobal thread in high percentages is going to feel about as different as a string can feel.

For me it’s worth it to discover what you like and don’t like about different strings. I would argue that the string has a more immediately noticeable effect on your play than the bearings so many people obsess over. The immediate impact on whips, slacks, layers, etc… it’s significant.

Not “better” or “worse” because at the end of the day, bulk poly might be the fit for you! But definitely different. And therefore worth looking into at least a little.

1 Like