Favorite Sengoku!

Sengoku makes absolutely amazing yoyos. What is your favorite sengoku and why?

3 Likes

I only have two, but I love the Oni. One of my favorite bimetals.

1 Like

Kenshin because it’s the only one I’ve tried. But to be fair the Kenshin is really amazing

2 Likes

Probably the Hideyoshi. I know it had it’s issues with vibe and all, but the first time you throw that tri-metal it has a special feel. Kenshin is really good too.

2 Likes

I love two of the three I’ve tried: the Kenshin, and the Masamini!

1 Like

Hideyoshi is pretty great! One of my favorites.

1 Like

What’s your favorite?

I’ve only tried the Musashi. If it wasn’t a b-grade and super vibey, it would be one of my favorite throws ever.

I have the Oni and the Bakemono. But the latter of the two is my favorite. Not because it plays better than the Oni, but because it’s very unique and a ton of fun.

1 Like

It’s also my favorite yoyo in general :raised_hands:

5 Likes

I only have an Ashigaru.

1 Like

Is this the Oni?

1 Like

I guess it’s technically the first prototype of the Oni. Although the shape is so different I’m not even sure you could call it an Oni prototype.

He made this one over a year before he released the Oni when he was testing with attached weight rings on the sides

2 Likes

I thought the Hummingbird was your overall favorite. Not so?

1 Like

I don’t think I’ve ever said that, this one’s been my favorite since I first got it

Hummingbird is up there though

1 Like

Ah, yes, you did say that the prototype Oni was your all-time favorite. I had only remembered you recommending the Hummingbird over the production Oni, which reinforces the fact that your prototype and the production version are quite different from one another.

1 Like

Do you also have, or have you played the production Oni?

1 Like

I haven’t used the Oni. I’d like to try it but I’d imagine they’d feel completely different. They’re basically 2 different yoyos.

5 Likes

Yeah, it looks quite different. That’s cool to have such a unique yo-yo be your favorite!

4 Likes

That doesn’t look like the Bakemono pics on YYE?