Favorite Sengoku!

It definitely looks… NOTHING like the Bakemono :joy:

Based on the pics you posted, I am having a hard time grasping how this is remotely an Oni prototype. This is maybe why I don’t like to deal in prototypes, there’s no telling what you will get…

Okay, then it’s an unnamed Sengoku prototype that never had an official release

I don’t think it’s officially an Oni prototype. He made this before he even came up with the name Oni. So I guess this yoyo really doesn’t have a name. But this was the original design Julio was testing when he began experimenting with side attached rings. Some team members said that the design was too sharp so he remodeled it to what eventually we know now as the Oni. I agree there really aren’t any similarities, I just called it the Oni prototype because this was the original design that eventually led up to the Oni.

I was actually pretty disappointed when I found out this model never got a release. But when he was selling these protos, he posted pictures, he posted specs, he posted a description of what the intent behind the design was. Had just as much information as a production run. When you buy a new yoyo that nobody’s tried before, you never really know what you’re going to get, prototype or not. So I’m not sure what you’re really trying to say.

I think it’s an outstanding yoyo

1 Like

It does look neat! Edge attached full circular flat metal rings are fairly unique, aren’t they?

I mean that is CHONKY

1 Like

I think most of Sengokus designs are pretty unique. Masamune used Alumigo Hard and people called it the Draupnir killer when it was first released. They made the first modern trimetal. They were the first to use 7068 aluminum. They were the first to make a bimetal mini and bimetal super oversized. I believe he was the first to start experimenting with attaching rings on the side like with the Oni as well. Hattoris super unique too

4 Likes

Cheers to @NeoHamster :wink:

2 Likes

4 Likes

Got the Musashi a few weeks ago and it is basically the most extreme V-shaped bi-metal yoyo ive ever played. It plays a bit on the heavy side, but it is extremely stable and very long spinning. It has such extreme rim weight that it would be a mistake to dismiss it as ‘just another competition v-shape’ throw. It is almost exaggerated in how it is weighted, and there-in seems to lie its charm.

Id call it my favorite Sengoku, but it is my only Sengoku. It is one of my more fun and unique throws however. I will probably buy another one of their throws soon based on how much I love this one.

1 Like