What is your favorite Sengoku throw?

The sengoku throws really appeal to me, and i was thinking of trying one. What is your favorite and why?

Masamini

1 Like

The shogun. The masamini is my favorite small yoyo. I like all my sengoku yoyos.

1 Like

They are all different. The Shogun is a powerful monster that really doesnā€™t feel bimetal. The Samurai has incredible spin time without the bimetal ā€œthunkā€. The Hideyoshi is just plain quick, and the ECRIP (prototype of a the ECRIM) has a weight distribution that is strange in the best imaginable way.

1 Like

Heya Frenchā€¦ the Shogun isnā€™t a bi-metal, lol

But you are certainly correct about it not feeling like a Bi-metal.

:wink:

1 Like

Thatā€™s what I get for posting before my 6th cup of coffee.

Regardless of my previous sloppy post, the Shogun is everything Julio claimed and more.

Iā€™d say shogun for me! Itā€™s a truly unique yoyo, I just canā€™t seem to put it down. I made a review on it:

2 Likes

I have 3 - Hideyoshi, Kenshin, and Masamini. Theyā€™re all so different. The Masamini is just craziness.

ummā€¦ sorry, this isnā€™t a coffee websiteā€¦ this is a yoyo website.

Semms like Masamini is the favourite of many. And in fun terms, so is mine.
And because of that, even if the Masamini is great, it was the first mini I made,
so I thought I can push it a bit farther. Like made it even smaller and put even a Heavier rings per body ratio. Imagine a 39mm diameter yoyo with heavier rings than full sized bimetals!
CanĀ“t help but to make it happen! Wait for news soon. :smiley:

6 Likes

Nice - Also Iā€™m waiting to see a responsive yoyo from you guys

The Shogun is a Masterpiece.

The results of the design are very interesting to me.

Lighter bi or mono metal yoyos have to be thrown pretty hard to ā€˜get the juiceā€™ out of them. (And, they usually feel fairly light on the string)

Heavier yoyos, that have good weight distribution just require a powerful stroke to power up. (And, they usually feel heavier[obviously]).

The Shogun feels light in the hand. Itā€™s ergonomic shape has a great ā€˜footprintā€™. It seems like it was custom made for my hand.
Something I find amazingly good about the Shogun is that when I throw a hard breakaway; the yoyo feels light.
But when it hits the end of the string; it feels like it ā€˜powers upā€™. Almost like it accelerates. Like Iā€™m getting more juice out of it than I put into the throw. It is just the coolest feeling.

Itā€™s got a good float to it. And it bounces like few other yoyo(to me). Eli hops, chop sticks, etcā€¦ it feels like a ping pong ball.

The Shogun was made for regens.

I have no idea how Julio comes up with designs like this?

He must sleep in an Oxygen tent.

I wish Elvin Lim and Julio would co-lab on a design.

Then I could patent a bowl type collar to fit around yoyo players necks, to salvage the brain matter that will be dripping out of their earsšŸ™€

Yup.

6 Likes

in all honesty, very unlikely. IĀ“m not a fan of responsive made of metal, and to make plastic is very expensive because the order have to be huge. I love responsive yoyos, who knows what the future can bring. Just not on plans so far.

2 Likes

Yeah but can you make one and name it Kurama after the 9 tailed fox from Naruto? :thinking::thinking:

That would be troublesome because of copyrights. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

My favorite is far and away the Kenshin Kiwami. If you watched my review, you know how it performs.

A competition throw of the highest caliber has its own set of good vibes. :call_me_hand:

3 Likes