Favorite methods of ding protection

Personally, is to Yoyo over a soft surface like a bed or mattress. But that doesn’t solve the Yoyo dinging against the wall and roof. I wanna see some creativity crashing in here!

5 Likes

the second floor of my house is mostly carpet so im safe here

3 Likes

I don’t protect them. Why should I? A yoyo should see some life unfiltered once in a while and if a ding happens, then so be it.

10 Likes

Does it have windows ?OwO

1 Like

yeah lol

1 Like

Lol I like yoyos in mint condition just for the sake of it…

2 Likes

Usually yoyo over grass, otherwise, I’m just careful with what I do.

2 Likes

I’ve always been curious about that grass thing… Wouldn’t it be a (yoyofactory) Nightmare to clean it?

2 Likes

An hour after I got my newest yo in the mail (a Duncan Mayhem) I had 2 tiny dings in it and a small chip in the paint. /cry
I give up lol…I figure if I don’t want dings and scratches…I shouldn’t play with the yo.

I do have 2 yos I refuse to actually throw around for this reason.

4 Likes

This exactly. Even if it’s metal and a good expensive yoyo, it’s still meant to be played with. Dings just happen. They don’t make the yoyo worse.

Just have fun with them, be it in- or outside.

1 Like

I don’t trust yo-yos that don’t have any wear.

5 Likes

This is why I stick with RAW - you can’t break ano if there is NO ANO

11 Likes

I’ll admit that I dislike dings as much as the next guy and I try to avoid them. But I don’t go to extreme lengths. Yo-yos are made to be thrown.

10 Likes

Off string from the middle of a swimming pool🤓

9 Likes

Location, location, location

4 Likes

I try very hard to avoid dings. Mainly because I like to keep the sell\trade value near what I paid. If I’m playing with an expensive ano I always take my wedding ring off, I only play over carpet, and since I live in an rv, I have had to train myself to keep the yoyo in a pretty tight quadrant. It’s been fun though, and I actually feel like its tightening my style somewhat and forcing me to be more precise.

3 Likes

I do a fair amount of throwing over cement and accept the risk. To combat that I have find the most important thing is to be consistent with string length. The more in tune with the yoyo you feel the better. I haven’t hit the ground in a long time. I know where my yoyo will end up after a throw and keep my hand high enough it can’t hit the ground.

Edit. The only JoJo I won’t use over cement is my bape 2. I would cry if it got hurt.

8 Likes

Walk the dog as soon as you get a new yo-yo, then I don’t see the future dings :grin:

10 Likes

Grass or carpet. If those aren’t available, then hope. :+1:t2:

I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t a sticker for dings on my throws. I very much dislike dings and marks on my throws as a collector - I’m more lenient when I acquire them already damaged, but if I damage them myself it haunts me. With that being said, I’m not going to baby my throws all the time and ruin my enjoyment of them. Well… maybe I do baby some of them… :blush:

2 Likes

Shorten string.

6 Likes