Favorite Bi-Metal Yo-Yos! What Bi-Metals do you Want? (After 2010)

Exia, and my KO. Was surprised I liked the KO so much. Play it more than any other right now and even bought a second one incase I ever ding up the first one.

4 Likes

SF Bliss and Ceasefire.

4 Likes

Oh yea haymaker x is very very powerful love mines and great collection

1 Like

Ko I hear is really good love the colorways

2 Likes

G2 Banshee SS is hands down my favorite playing yo-yo Iā€™ve ever touched.

4 Likes

Finally the Mowl Surveillance shows up in this thread. Was kinda confused at how quick they sell out and how highly sought after they are but they are no oneā€™s favourite bimetal. The 44Clash should be the 2018 version which is a collaboration between Mowl, AA YOYOCLUB and Yo-Yo Studio Llama (thereā€™s like a hundred yoyos out there named 44Clash so yeah).

3 Likes

What about the AL7 Banshee? I thought that was your all time favourite.

3 Likes

It was hahaā€¦but then I was gifted a SS :green_heart: AL7 is still my second favorite player (one of my favorite looking as well).

3 Likes

The Mazal Top Vindicator is still my favorite bi-metal. Itā€™s just incredible.

Honorable mentions:
Wisteria
Shaqshine FG
Inevitable

6 Likes

I donā€™t own a ton of bi-metals, but I really love all the ones I have, for different reasons.

My number one is the Warhawk from Circle City Yoyos, itā€™s the perfect combination of comfortable feel, high performance with a ton of power and that special feel you get from a D bearing.

I also own a YoyoFreaks Pound which is awesome, I love the colorway I have and itā€™s a very fun, comfortable throw.

The Don from Zero Gravity Yoyos is a great bimetal organic.

The BiND feels really light but powerful imo, plus I got mine secondhand with a ding so itā€™s a great EDC beater bimetal to me.

Finally my most recent additions, the Grasshopper GTX and the Orbital GTX from Duncan. I wasnā€™t sure how to feel about them at first, but after playing with them some more I really enjoy them both. The Grasshopper is more rounded compared to the Orbitalā€™s sharp angles but they both play great.

So far, I havenā€™t met a bimetal I didnā€™t love.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s awesome! I have tried to love bimetals but I just donā€™t feel the love for some reason. Not certain why. I donā€™t dislike or hate them, I just would rather use something else. The first time I threw a bimetal I was like, ā€œWhoah,ā€ that moment passed quickly and the party was over. I havenā€™t given up but ā€¦it may never happen.

4 Likes

Interesting. For me, the only real difference I notice with bimetals is the extra power, making them spin longer and binds are snappier. Have you tried many? I wonder if itā€™s an issue with the shape of the ones youā€™ve tried, like maybe youā€™d like a more organic shape if you only tried a V, or vice versa.

2 Likes

My all time favorite bimetal is most definitely the Deluge by rain city sills.

3 Likes

Iā€™m really impressed with The Don. So much so I also ordered the Brasi version (but havenā€™t thrown that one yet).

3 Likes

I put surveillance as well

4 Likes

mowl surveillance!! i take it with me everywhere. i also really like the chopsticks gorilla and start the riot!

other bimetals i want: mowl surveillance in different colors!!! god i love this yo-yo

3 Likes

I need to try that one! Love RCS, the Guitarist is one of my favorite recent monometals.

2 Likes

I found this on the BST for a fifty and itā€™s been my favorite throw since I got it. I prefer it to my peregrine even
The Zephyr 2 from Throw Revolution

6 Likes

I never thought The Don was gonna be one of my top throws. First time buying a throw from a boutique yo-yo company. Iā€™ll be definitely getting more throws from them.

Whatā€™s the brasi version of the Don?

4 Likes

The Brasi is the same design, specs and everything, but brass rings instead of steel. Adds about 1.2g to the weight, iirc.

2 Likes