Favorite Bi-Metal Yo-Yos! What Bi-Metals do you Want? (After 2010)

What are your favorite Bi-Metal yoyos? What Bi-Metals Do you want? Me? The EDGE Beyond and the BiND. Just got an Overdrive Draupnir! What do I want? A Grasshopper GTX (got it), Outlier 2, Statement, Flying Dutchman, or a Banshee SS. Not gonna buy anything now, but this can sprout a BST!

A little Update-8/6/21
My favorite bi-metals are the Grasshopper GTX and the BiND. The OD Draupnir is really good, but not quite my style. I want an SF and the 2Sick Crusade or Blockade.

5 Likes

Grasshopper GTX

10 Likes

Want it!

1 Like

I have a feeling I’m going to cave on the Exia soon

4 Likes

fav bimetals rn are the UPNRLD Flashback and the SF Motive

4 Likes

Nice scales routine btw

2 Likes

Ironically enough I have none of your listed bi metals, so I get to be in the same mind set as you on this. Based on the fairly universal love and lack of seeing a ton pop up second hand I think I would go grasshopper gtx. If I am just getting any possible bi metal I think the one I keep missing and sounds like I need to add is a hummingbird.

4 Likes

haha, I need bimetals! I do want to buy bimetals or premium monometals moving forward and the grasshopper GTX is a big one.

2 Likes

After having a plethora of bimetals, fro the Haymaker X, to the Hummingbird, to the Overdrive Draupnir, and as of right now I only have 2, the G2 Banshee SS and the PDX Batsquatch 7068. The Banshee SS is a performance beast, and the Batsquatch 7068 is laid back while still being crazy powerful and stable. Some noteworthy bimetals that I’ve owned are as follows, and you can’t go wrong with any of them.

Good Life Gully
Good Life Breeze
Sturm Panzer Leo Sniper Mk II 7068
General Yo Legato
Duncan Haymaker X
YoyoFactory Edge Beyond

7 Likes

Your making me sad! Getting rid of the Overdrive draupnir?!

1 Like

The Leo sniper is a bad mamma jamma

3 Likes

I liked it just fine, but it played a little too “by the book” for me, if that makes sense.

1 Like

Orbital GTX

I can honestly say that I don’t want any!

7 Likes

Yep, I’ve got two- my OG Draup and the CF 003. I’ve had plenty of really nice ones but they’re just not my jam

3 Likes

I’m with David about the Overdrive Draupnir. Felt sterile and the diameter was a little large for me. But, it’s objectively one of the highest performance throws available.

My favorite bimetals are (in roughly this order) the Chopsticks Gorilla, Akita, Warhawk, Index 1, Index 2, Yoshicuda X.

I’m anticipating the new Krown St (supposedly Tuesday). And I’d love to try the Shaqshine FG, Wish, Rihara Ore and Ilyy Abyss. I keep a running list of throws I’ve owned and I counted the bimetals for fun - I’m up to 217.

5 Likes

awwwwwww

I own my 3 favorites (in order):
Freshly Dirty Rooster
Circle City Warhawk
Retic Death Adder

Also really liked the MK1 Exia but still haven’t gotten around to picking one up (played one as part of a reviewer pass-around).

8 Likes

I saw your freshly dirty review!

2 Likes

Thanks for watching!

2 Likes

G2 Banshee SS
Yo-yo friends Hummingbird
G2 Arbiter

Those ones… are the best imo

4 Likes