Favorite Bi-Metal Yo-Yos! What Bi-Metals do you Want? (After 2010)

The Vulfgang 7075 is probably the most unique feeling bimetal I have (not counting Masamini V2). It feels incredibly light during play, almost hollow if that makes any sense. Took quite a bit of fiddling to get it smooth though.

2 Likes

Agreed . The yoshicuda x also took me a lot of effort to get smooth out of the box

2 Likes

Similar with the Grasshopper GTX - still has a bit of fingernail vibe but it’s smooth on the string so I’ve given up messing around with it.

I have a Butter which I can’t get smooth either, but it bothers me more because I can feel it on the string. Tbh not a fan of the Butter in general - too wide, feels cheap.

3 Likes

Yeah I think all my Duncan’s have been this way smooth on the string vibing on the nail. Butter was good for me but just wasn’t my cup of tea

2 Likes

Duncan puts out throws that are beyond underrated- I think people cling too much to the “boutique” YoYo thing and discount big brands. But the grasshopper GtX and orbital GTX play as good as some of my 200.00 bi-metals by a long shot

7 Likes

Agreed the grasshopper gtx is definitely one that I will keep forever. Yoshicuda is up there too

2 Likes

Not gonna lie, I wasn’t a big fan of it when I got it, but after a bearing swap and some love taps to seat the rings better its pretty solid…but not very fun or exciting

I really enjoy playing my TopYo Cheapskate. Inexpensive (for a bimetal) and kind of plays like a more powerful and stable Colossus

5 Likes

How’s the KO? Compared to the Bi-Metal

There are so many great options out there and I might be a little Bi-est (sorry couldn’t help myself :joy:) but I really love the KO by YYF. Classic organic shape that’s comfortable in your hand, looks good, floaty, yet powerful for an aMAYzing price :wink:

6 Likes

The KO has a more profound rounder shape to it. The axel is revealed (like the RICOCHET) and has a lot of float to it while your playing. I also love the unique sounds it makes with the axle shown rather than covered!

Hope that helps! :slight_smile:

Let me know if you have anymore questions!

-EK

2 Likes

“I also love the unique sounds it makes with the axle shown rather than covered!”

What does this mean? I finally warmed up to this yoyo last night and will be carrying it around over the next couple days. I really like it.

2 Likes

I was noticing this same sound difference playing the OD T1 last night. Interesting?!?

Favorites in no order: Anglam Zero Apogee, Iyoyo Impact, Clyw Wish, Yoyofactory Flame, Mk1 Exia, Duncan Grasshopper Gtx, Mowl Surveillance

3 Likes

wait… Are those all your bimetals? :joy:

I don’t have any Bi-metals yet. The yoshicuda’s look really cool though. I forget who’s it was. But someone on here posted one with like a pink or purple flower and it blew me away, I thought it was so pretty.

1 Like

I don’t have any bi‘s but I want to get the edge Infinity ( or beyond) and the wish ( I just love Connor ; ) )

1 Like

My favorite is the sOMEThING Slasher. I’d like to try a Sengoku Nobunaga and a JT Shaqshine FG.

Edit: … and an Anglam MGSS too. :slight_smile:

1 Like

My revised likes in no order
Whimsy Aloha Encore
Mowl Surveillance
44clash- I think this is a mowl designed yo-yo also
Yo-yo recreation - inevitable
Yo-yo recreation - anomaly
Clyw wildfire
Clyw wish
Clyw blizzard

2 Likes