Best bimetal yoyo under $150?

I’m looking for a bimetal that’s good for grinds and fingerspins and that plays fast but not out of control and is decent for tech elements. Any recommendations are welcome.

4 Likes

I have only tried the hummingbird and it plays fantastic. As for firngerspins the death adder looks great and I’ve heard good things about it(I’ve no tried it)

3 Likes

I like the grasshopper gtx

2 Likes

My first choice would be the G2 Banshee SS.
Since those are tough to come by, my second recommendation would be the 2Sick Endgame. Both have excellent power and stability with enormous catch zones.

4 Likes

@Ajolivarez has a G2 Banshee SS available for retail on this very forum.

My old Turning Point Counter Jet is also phenomenal. @Nocompromise has it for sale right now also.

4 Likes

The C3 Omnitron that I’m selling for half your max price ($70) is fast, stable, and techy. It has a lot of engraving in the cup so finger spins might be hindered, Otherwise, it’s fantastic.

1 Like

How important are grinds and finger spins compared to being the best performance bimetal ?

Finger spins and grinds aren’t exactly fundamental tricks in competitions so a lot of performance yo-yos aren’t designed with them in mind. Not that they’re bad for them, but asking for the best playing bimetal is not the same as asking what’s the best for grinds and finger spins.

Anyway there’s a bunch of choices. Grasshopper GTX is super popular, the Endgame was well received, the Bliss is popular but can be hard to find.The Edge and Edge Beyond have won contests. The Breeze is absolutely incredible for contest style stuff. Hummingbird is great.

You really need to base it on your preferences though. If you don’t like certain width, height and weight ranges that changes what people will recommend.

Oh and @andy569 is selling a Draupnir which some people think is the best yo-yo of all time.

3 Likes

The TopYo Dominator is an incredible performer and is only $70. Use the other $80 to get a Grasshopper GTX.

5 Likes

Retic Death Adder v2
$85, amazing blasted finish for grinds, fingerspin dimple in the cup, and you can choose SS or brass rings

5 Likes

How about the Edolass? I don’t have it but have seen Yiyang’s review and he has given very good remarks about it. I’m curious to hear people’s opinion about it and maybe even for those fortunate enough to be able to compare it against the Grasshopper GTX, or the Endgame

2 Likes

Reticulated return tops death adder. Has an amazing bead blast finish for grinds, a cup made for fingerspins, has two different ring choices for how you want it to play (brass is a tiny bit more powerful than stainless steel but stainless steel feels a tiny bit faster/flowy in play). Good for tech elements too. And its 85$ shipped, which is a steal. My favorite bimetal by far. Tourney is also good, but i like the death adder better.

9 Likes

7 Likes

Yep! Whip is the only obvious choice here!
It’s all plastic design hits all the check marks you’re looking for.
Is it a bi-metal? No. CHECK!
Is it good for grinds? No. CHECK!
Fingerspins? No. CHECK!
Plays fast? No. CHECK!

So as you can see, it’s perfect for what you need!
I’ll sell you mine for $145.

5 Likes

Also, I second the suggestions on the Endgame!
I’m really not the person to be giving advice in this topic though as I’m not skilled enough yet to be able to push my yos to their limits…and I only have a couple of other bi-metals to compare it to.

If I had a choice between the Endgame and a G2 Banshee SS going into it blindly though…I’d go for the Banshee in a heartbeat.

3 Likes

lmao this is great!

3 Likes

2Sick Blockade is amazing.

2 Likes

Exactly. It hits every mark.

2 Likes

Just wait for the bi-metal shutter

4 Likes

Yeah my list goes:

Finish polished Wangles.
Butter Wangle