Best budget Bimetal

Hi! I have a playstyle that is techy and I would like to aim to be a more flowy player as well. I would like a budget bimetal that performs well and fits my playstyle. I am also welcome to plastic metal hybrids which also perform similarly well.

3 Likes

The demonspeed just came out. Only 70$ with an organic c shape design, might be worth checking out.

1 Like

KO sounds like something you’d love.

1 Like

The topyo colossus R sounds like what you might want. its somewhat thin and is pretty cheap. Gotta agree with The KO recommendation as well.

3 Likes

Thrs so many grasshopper gtx is real good vers 1

2 Likes

Magicyoyo Z01 focus

4 Likes

MagicYoyo Z02 ‚The Chosen‘ I think would suit your play style pretty well. It feels evenly balanced and very supple on the string with a hint of float while still letting its power shine through.

2 Likes

Also a very good choice.

2 Likes

MagicYoyo N8

Not a Bimetal, sorry

1 Like

would be easier to suggest if you tell your approx budget

I didn’t really think the N8 was a bi-metal. It does have a “natural finish” ring on the inner perimeter that gives it that appearance. When you look at the inner edge of that ring, there is an assembly joint.

Either way, it is a nice playing yoyo for a very low cost. Great to learn non-responsive techniques and tricks.

Thanks, Jeff

1 Like

Hi! My current budget is (in Australian $) $110.

My current options that I can find across multiple yoyo stores is:

Yoyofriends Vulture: A$108 (w/discount)
Top Yo Colossus R: A$76
Top Yo Patronus: A$85 (w/discount)
Duncan Grasshopper GTX or Orbital: A$97 (w/discount)
OG Haymaker: A$85 (w/discount)

That’s it so far. Do I go for the Vulture, or settle for the cheaper options?

1 Like

Another vote for the Z02, performance-wise is on par with yoyos that are $100+ and it costs half of that.

The z01 is another option, even cheaper and plays almost the same.

4 Likes

I am doing a mystery box sell that includes one bimetal and one monometal for $50. I can send a bimetal that fits your desires with an added monometal.

1 Like

thats a good enough budget to get you great throws as you listed vulture, the duncans and the others.

not sure if itd fit your playstyle, but if youd like something in the organic there is dressel design mystery gift / kanti listing you might be able to snag. you could also wait a couple days and see what big retailers might offer is their shipping isnt expensive to your place.

Sooo good

1 Like

Would avoid the vulture for tech play, I recommend the Colossus R out of all of these.

1 Like

The Yoyofactory Boost was designed for 3A but it is also really good for 1A

1 Like

I would recommend either z01 or z02 focus. Both are very good budget yoyos and I recommend them. If you want a higher end one though, the demonspeed would also be a good choice. I have one rn and its my main yoyo. But remember, bimetals have a very sturdy build, but they can get pretty expensive. If you want a really good yoyo that wont break the bank, maybe try something else like a shutter wide angle, or other bi metals.