fav under $25 plastic

soz bout dat ima put FHZ up

YOYOEXPERT EDIT:
Please refrain from giving direct links to other stores via the message board. Instead a Private Message on the forum is a more appropriate way to direct people that specifically ask. Thanks for understanding.

Whoa, this thread has become quite a discussion, originaly mod should move it to recomendation section.

Well, for 25 you can get a decent plastic yoyo, FH2010 is one of my fav, FHZ is a close second.
but if you donā€™t mind aodas or some other brand from china, you can get decent metal for the same price.

Did you just put a link to a store?

Anyways, Die Nasty is great too, not a big fan of FHZ thoughā€¦

(So did youā€¦ - jhb8426)

seriously whatā€™s all the fuss about the FHZ, I ended up buying one and all thatā€™s left of it are my counterweight

the thingā€™s responsive, not spinning very long, doesnā€™t play THAT well

Specially with stuff aoda/aulday makes right now, or just on par with the $10 YYF one that, in my opinion KILLS the FHZ and basically most of other ā€œbeginnerā€™s throwsā€ (and no, this is NOT a Lyn copy, itā€™s actually much better).

for plastics, YYF is where itā€™s at (I mean full plastic)

but then again, when you can have a proper excellent throw for about $20 from auldey/aoda, (I mean it, the speed team -if I remember right- just properly blew my mind when I tried it, and again, I have what you would call ā€œpremiumā€ throws to compare it with)

People donā€™t realize it, but the chinese manufacturers are coming with a brand new quality/price standard thatā€™s about to change a LOT of things in our world. A friend of mine who plays for 2 years, basically buys nothing else than chinese throws anymore and each time he lets me try one Iā€™m like ā€œwow this thing only costs 15 euros ? it plays better than my wooly markmont/messiah/addiction etcā€¦ā€ each and every time.

so spending 20 euros on a FHZ ? never again, at this point, better get a $10 One with an extra bearing and call it a day, itā€™ll play better, itā€™ll also allow modding, just as well as the FHZ if not better, and you can even give money for japan just buying it.

Most (actually I donā€™t remember anyone saying otherwise) people who tried the one agree on the fact that itā€™s an awesome plastic, better than the Lyn fury, no question.

the FHZ does look cool (depending on which one you pick) but I regretted buying it as soon as I threw it for the first time. Iā€™m just glad I got the CWs

FHZ/Lyn Fury, I really think todayā€™s plastics are of a whole new standard, but when I think of these two, thereā€™s only one word that comes to mind, and that word is ā€œoutdatedā€

Beginnerā€™s plastic ā†’ ā€œOneā€ is where itā€™s at now, this is going to be THE beginner yoyo once people start playing with it (itā€™s pretty hard to come by up until now but itā€™s gonna hit the shelves very soon)

Cheap metal performer ā†’ chinese stuff, then YYF if you want better quality/finish for just a few more bucks

the ONLY reason for me to buy expensive metals now is if theyā€™re rare/collector or have a specific feature. But performance wise, Iā€™ve seen too many $20 throws that play just as well, if not better than most $100+ ones

Hadoq, i canā€™t quote the whole book, but the thing abut FHZ is,

Duncan = Love.

well, from ā€œbehind the scenesā€ I can tell we, as community ā€œrepresentativesā€ have had absolutely no love from Duncan, basically they ignored ALL our emails while other manufacturers do keep us ā€œin the loopā€ and help our initiatives.

So I donā€™t know who Duncan loves, but certainly not us passionate who want to communicate with the community. I respect their ā€œtraditional imageā€ but apparently, theyā€™re too good for us bloggers to even reply one of our emails.

Iā€™m all about love, but when you get ignored like that thereā€™s not much love to be spread is there? I really do have the feeling that these guys (not talking about the team, actually, those Iā€™ve met from Duncan team were AWESOME people) live in another dimension. People keep telling me about the supposed ā€œDuncan spiritā€ and whatnot, but ignoring the community as they do (not all of us thankfully) is not really how one should conduct his business.

And come on, how old the FHZ is ? objectively, itā€™s not worth the cost when for the same price, and often cheaper, you can have really good performers right out of the box. I know Iā€™ll take a ā€œoneā€ over a FHZ 10 times out of 10, and it costs half the price, which means for the same price, you throw in a regular/wide C size bearing in it and end up with one of the nicest plastics Iā€™ve played (delrin excluded of course).

I have the chance to test out many throws, from the chinese knockoffs up to high end rarities, and probably more plastics than I even thought I could bare, I really donā€™t see what the fuss is, about the FHZ, the only thing I kept from it was the CWs, which are not even remotely good looking.

And of course, with their ā€œpatentā€ on 5A, it prevents anyone else to actually make and sell decent CWs

Really, show me where the loveā€™s at, because so far all Iā€™ve seen is overpriced average quality products and total ignorance of our several attempts of communicating with them.

People keep hating on YYF but so far, these are the guys who showed the most support to us (not gonna elaborate here), along with several other smaller manufacturers and shops.

I wish things were different, and I hope they will change in the future, but for now, Duncan is not really a company I feel I should support. And the first feeling I got when I bought the ā€œfamousā€ FHZ was utter disappointment. Iā€™d probably even get a PGM over a FHZ, and I canā€™t suffer the sight of a PGM.

Anyway, I hope Duncan proves me wrong someday, but right now I donā€™t know who they give their love to.

There are brands that look for the future and others that seem to rest on their past glory. Nothing is carved in stone and I believe in change, but the world keeps turning and for now, my feeling is that Duncan, as a company, just watches it turn from a distance.

Well, first off, if you mod a FHZ, it plays better than most plastics out there IMO. As far as emails from Duncan, it took a few days to a week but they have always contacted me back. You have to remember, its not just Duncan you are emailing, its the company the owns Duncan. Plus if you want faster response from them, sometimes it just better to try and contact one of their main players if you have a quick question. And for their ā€œpatentā€ on 5A, thatā€™s just business. They hold the rights to restrict it and have every legal right to enforce those rights. If you had a design patent that you were making money off of and some started to use it to their advantage w/o permission, wouldnā€™t you enforce it? I know I would. No one cries when YYJ enforces their patent for putting a heavier material on the rims of a yoyo, why should it be any different w/ Duncan?

Ive never tried a modded or reg. FHZ but ive heard good things about it. Although, from what ive heard, FHZ IS only good after you mod it, I donā€™t mind modding, but its easier to just change a bearing and put in some silicon.

p.s. wheres the love for the One?  ;D

I would have to go with the starlite plays great for around 20 to 25$

Legacy no doubt

Yes, I would agree w/that.

Theyā€™re ok but feel too heavy to me.

I donā€™t need to convince anyone actually, the guy asks for a good throw for under $25, a standard FHZ costs that price and plays like garbage, only worse. So if the guy has to spend actual money and take time to learn and get the mod done, only to end up with a half decent plastic throw, and that is if he doesnā€™t ruin it directly in the process, so be it.

Iā€™ve been fooled by the ā€œFHZ is da bombā€ talk, Iā€™ve played waaay better yoyo that are actually cheaper.

but really, I donā€™t know what makes you say duncan = love cause theyā€™re pretty much doing all the stuff people are saying YYF does, and then some more, while YYF actually does give a lot of love to the community. But I guess the ā€œduncan= loveā€ is pretty much the same bandwagon as the ā€œI h8 YYFā€ one: people who just say the same as others just to be a part of a group and feel better bout themselves. I could go on but there are things Iā€™m not at liberty to discuss.

itā€™s been almost 5 months we didnā€™t hear about Duncan, actually we NEVER heard about them and never got any reply while other manufacturers were already sending us free yoyos to review, shops were sending yoyos for contests, but no, these ā€œlovinā€ duncan didnā€™t even bother to send an email reply.

but yea, tell the guy, get a FHZ, spend hours and more $$$ modding it and youā€™ll end up with a half decent $50 throw, while he could just get a starlite and basically call it a day for a about $15, chances being, the starlite will probably even out play the modded FHZ in the end.

Well, all is said on my part, not going back on this topic

why donā€™t you offer to buy the FHZ off the OP if he doesnā€™t like it? Iā€™m confident enough that if he buys a ā€œOneā€ with a wide bearing and doesnā€™t like it, to say that Iā€™ll get it off his hands for the price he paid. Heck Iā€™m even willing to send over a C size concave for just the price of posting, and then buy the throw back if he doesnā€™t like it. I have both FHZ and One, thereā€™s one that I play and the other that I ended up giving away because it was taking roomā€¦ nuff said.

to the OP ā†’ mp if youā€™re interested by my offer

the thing with the ā€œoneā€ is that most people didnā€™t have the chance to try it yet as itā€™s not officially released, once itā€™ll be, itā€™ll make the LynFury and other ā€œfamousā€ beginner throws basically outdated. itā€™s even design to teach basic modding and maintenance.

PS: if you throw chinese yoyos in the balance itā€™s not even funny anymore

Freehand 2010

kicksaid and legacy

FHZ and Techno 2 FTW.

Hadoq, basically what you said boiled down to ā€œI donā€™t care for Freehand Zeros and neither should youā€.

Iā€™ve played stock zeros that were sick. Hardcore modding isnā€™t necessary to get them to play awesome; replace one of the pads with a sili one (easily purchased when you buy the FHZ, donā€™t even start), let the other pad wear down to the fabric, and either break-in or clean the bearing. Ta-da, your FHZ is bomb.

EDIT: Oh and the Starlite isnā€™t $15.

1 Like

The yoyofactory Whip No doubt

Freehands & FHZs are awesome - just takes a while to break in the heavily lubed bearing. After that, (as patrick said above), 1x silicone sticker and 1x worn pad and youā€™re all set - no modding required.

What is this ā€œWhipā€ I keep hearing about?