Fast and stable

I haven’t paid attention to new yoyos in quite some time (over a year roughly). I’m looking for something very fast paced, stable and light weight. Metal preferred. About a 54.5-57 diameter and 41-44 width. Any recommendations?

2 Likes

Oof, was going to say edge but hen I saw the specs you want

1 Like

Hummingbird and Flashback are both great options!

4 Likes

Yeah, anything similar to a Draupnir would fit nicely into those specs - also see the Haymaker X.

2 Likes

Anything similar would include…

1 Like

I think victorian is right with the og edge. Its a little wider than your taste, and a bimetal, but checks off everything else.

1 Like

Just finding the ones <= 44mm wide and around or less than 64 grams:

4 Likes

How about something fast and bulbous?

2 Likes

Something fat? Or something bold?

Hummingbird(Releasing next week I believe), WindRunner and Radius fit the bill for play style and size you’re looking for:

These are a little outside the dimensions you’re looking for, but definitely have the fast/stable/lightweight feel.

7 Likes

That’s right the Mascara Snake, fast and bulbous! Also, a tin teardrop.

1 Like

If you are on a budget I would recommend the Sync, it it super stable, fast and feels a tad on the light side, but not too light.

3 Likes

Is that Hummingbird different from the one already released?

Just new colors I believe, but @Mazdarx7FD would know for sure.

Cool

Yessssssss! I’m not alone!

1 Like

When you said “very fast paced, stable and light weight” I immediately thought of the Hummingbird. I honestly wouldn’t even consider anything else if you don’t have one of those. I got one because it kept popping up on the “yoyos you must have” opinion threads. That and the Draupnir were honestly the two most often cited throws I would see. It’s everything you described in what you are looking for and falls exactly within your spec prefs.

3 Likes

I’d love to tell you about some of the experiences I’ve had listening to that album, but I’d be kicked off the forum for sure.

1 Like

Its the same yoyo but different colorways. We are also trying to make an outer ring all out bimetal sometimes in 2020 hoping it will match or surpass hummingbird, but we got at least 2 projects coming up so they will be going first.

1 Like

Hummingbird was my first thought as well