Light/Fast YoYo

Hello, I am starting to look for a Christmas YoYo and I am looking for one YoYo between $80 and $120 or two yo-yos that would equal about $100.

I prefer yo-yos with a light and fast feel, and lean more towards yoyos that have 56 mm diameters or smaller. I also prefer yo-yos that aren’t extra wide. My current favorite YoYo is the Spin Dynamics alter ego if that helps narrow things down.

Let me know what you would suggest.

I would recommend the Hummingbird if you are not opposed to bi-metals.

Do you have a particular shape you like? I was also thinking of recommending the Smashing Monocle, which is a beast of an organic throw.

2 Likes

These would be my recommendations for light/fast. I’m sure there’s a bunch more you’ll like if you browse around and check specs, but these are the first that come to mind with what you described.

3 Likes

Buy a Diff and take out the rings. Any Diff as long as it’s a “F” model or “flush response”.
You can thank me later.

i absolutely second the charm recommendation. one of my all time favourite bimetals. also if you can snag a g2 elite, those are pretty nimble.

Really surprised the Kenshin hasn’t been mentioned.

It feels like it’s made of Balsa Wood the first time you throw it. :grin: Such a wonderful yo-yo. It 's got Light/Fast covered in spades!

I usually prefer v shaped and w shaped hybrid things. I like yo-yos that don’t feel big or boxy in the hand

I find the Charm to be a bit on the wide side at nearly 47mm. I would recommend either a Hummingbird or, if you can find one, a G2 Elite. Both are about 43mm wide, they are light, fast and stable.

Hummingbird, Grasshopper X or Kenshin.

G2 Banshee is the prototypical light and fast to me, but the 2018 ones are more rim weighted and have less of that “classic” feel.

The Banshee is almost 4g heavier than an Elite, and 2.5g heavier than a Hummingbird. It definitely feels heavier on the string than either of them.

Wow interesting. Doesn’t play that way at all. Also: I didn’t realize the Elite was so light, you’re right! And the 2018 elite is even lighter :scream:

Are you going to ask for them as a gift? If yes, might be better to stick with something that’s in stock online.

I will be ordering it so it doesn’t necessarily need to be in stock currently but I want to buy new.

I snagged this one and was amazed at the performance. Weight is slightly heavier than the regular hummingbird, but it spins longer and is very stable. I suggest Hummingbird or flashback.
I’ve not tried the elite so i can’t comment on it, and you said you want new.

1 Like

Have you tried the YoTricks Canon?

I haven’t tried the YoTricks Canon. Does it play light? For me weight of the yoyo isn’t the issue. It is all about distribution. I have a 64g yoyo that plays heavier than a 66g and my heaviest playing yoyo is 65g.

I’t does play ligh and very fast