Extreme lightweight design from YYF - The 44!

I have the significant B-Grade pile for these in my office.

If the product we are shipping is not of a high enough quality please get in contact with yoyoexpert. If we receive feedback from yoyoexpert our $44 made in the USA yoyo are not of a high enough quality we need to act on that. We believed these yo-yos to be of a high quality at a reasonable price but if we are incorrect we are incorrect.

Circling light spots on an image and highlighting them as defects isn’t helping tho…

8 Likes

Again… I like yoyo’s!

2 Likes

to clarify the 44 = “death death” vs 44 = “yoyo” conversation: there are two pronunciations for the number 4 in japanese (idk about other languages, i can only speak for japanese): “shi” and “yon”. “Shi” is also the word for death, so the superstition for 4 = death number is sourced from there. Alternatively, 44 can also be pronounced as “yonyon”, which does sound like “yo-yo”. So both are true, though in the hobby we’re involved in, it’s much more likely that the second is the motivation for yoyo names instead of them being called "death death clash " and stuff like that. sorry if someone already explained this

1 Like

No lol
In my 3 years of living in japan, I have never- not once heard 1 double digit number, in this case 44, pronounced as 2 numbers. (I deal with numbers everysingle day) Yonyon is not a number and does not mean death death. 44 is yon juu yon and means =44
I have heard 3+ numbers separated ie 107- ichi maru nana

You won’t find any object or person avoiding the number 44 in japan.

2 Likes

right, i think i worded that weirdly, fourty-four would not be yon yon, rather four-four (as two single digit numbers repeated) would be yon yon. i agree that no one avoids fourty four, just was clarifying what some of the comments in this thread were about.

Maybe I misread that

1 Like

nah lmao that was absolutely just me miswording that, wrote the comment in passing so didn’t put a whole lot of thought into it

2 Likes

:joy: haha

1 Like

Mine came in today…couldn’t decide on purple or blue so got 'em both! They both look really good. Didn’t notice any speckles or blemishes, just what was expected out of an acid wash. The purple really pops too.

As for play - man these are light and zippy but I love it! A lot more forgiving than I expected for a lightweight.

12 Likes

more powerful than I thought they would be

5 Likes

Yeah, I like it!

2 Likes

Just got mine and im liking it a lot. As for the ano, meh. With budget yoyos it is always a crapshoot when it comes to it. My purple acid wash has very little ‘acid wash’ and is mostly just purple. I got somewhat of a dud colorway-wise, but it has very little vibe and plays great.

Here are some pics (yoyo is more purple in real life, just trying to show the lack of splash):

And here is a pic of the other side:

So to the important part, how does it play? Well, this aint a rock, that is for sure. Plays really light and zippy, but can hold enough spin time to pull off decent combos. Most modern undersize throws go for a solid feel to boost stability and spin time, but this guy does not. It plays a lot like a full size, except a lot smaller. It is really refreshing to play with an undersize yoyo that isn’t trying to compensate to relatively match the spin time of full size throws while sacrificing nimbleness. This thing is the Kapital but in mini, just like I hoped. Awesome yoyo.

10 Likes

Mine has more of a wash and 10/10 smooth. Definitely a great throw.

1 Like

Mine is that way too, and a bit vibey. But for the price I paid, not complaining. I still think it’s a killer yoyo.

3 Likes

Yeah it’s great! No complaints. Has helped me consistently land my harder tricks

No vibe here, just the bonus speckles…

The price point and build quality of the yoyo itself is remarkable – no doubt about it. And if I got those steel rings I wanted, ala the MiniStar 2, it would be legendary. I got the money. hint, hint – do it, YYF!!!

3 Likes

Yeah Mines vibe free. Literally dead smooth

Thanks for the notes about how it plays! It’s been in the cart since they started selling, but my hamfists normally don’t handle smaller yoyos too well so I’ve been waiting.

Well I certainly hope mine comes without any flaws, else it would be quite the hassle for yoyoexpert to do a replacement.

Really showing faith there!

2 Likes