Edge beyond

What is ridiculous about the price?

In your opinion?

4 Likes

Just that it is the same price as something like AirPods, got it for my birthday so I can’t really complain

5 Likes

So… I have a Titanium yoyo that cost more than my IPad.

What is the point of your value for dollar comparison?

4 Likes

I don’t have access to one I can try out and take for a test drive.

But just based on its specs, the Edge Beyond at 47mm wide is wider than I find comfortable, and at only 53mm in diameter, it has a tube-like character I find to be a bit awkward.

1 Like

Didn’t really read through most of the comments since they’re all complaining about price. Imma be real with y’all, most the yoyos on the market are overpriced. Draupnir is one of the best yoyos ever made, but a price point around $250 for the regular version and upper wards towards $300 for special editions? There is no argument there at all that this yoyo is overpriced. Anyone who argues against this has a pretty clear bias for Japan manufactured throws or YYR. Confused about what I mean? Look at it from this perspective. Will forking over hundreds of dollars for a yoyo make you a better thrower? Can this you somehow do tricks on this yoyo you can’t do on one that is half the price? Spoiler, the answer is NO. So why are these yoyos so expensive and why do they still sell well? Because you’re paying for a luxury item. No one needs a yoyo that costs $150, but the Edge Beyond is a well crafted, high quality yoyo. The Edge Beyond is not meant to be an affordable yoyo everyone can get, it’s meant to be a luxury, to those who are willing to buy one. That’s why the bearing is a YYR NSK quality bearing, why the axle is titanium and not stainless steel. Because you’re meant to buy it and go “Wow, this is amazing! I’m lucky to have one!” So yes, it is overpriced, in that buying one won’t make you any better of a thrower. But the quality is all there, the effort on Yoyofactory’s part is there, and no doubt the Edge Beyond is an insane performer, so you are getting your money’s worth.

8 Likes

I don’t really know, I’m just saying it’s expensive

1 Like

This whole argument reminds me of the exact same show that went down when the Mg came out. Exactly the same.
If your sniveling about money than you’ve already missed the point and this throw was never for you anyway. But if your one who gets it then you can’t wait to fork over your hard earned money. As anyone knows I’m no factory fan boy but I do believe in giving credit where it’s due. That being said it’s probably made in China.

3 Likes

The limited diameter of the Beyond is a little perplexing to me as well. Overall I think it’s great though, and I like wideness. Pretty sure Evan does as well, since he used to compete with the Monster and he said his 2nd favorite yo-yo in the YYF lineup after his own signature (naturally) is the Marco which is verrry wide.

1 Like

Agreed

2 Likes

As of to what i know: the people in my yoyo community that have tried the edge beyond say that it doesnt even feel like a bimetal :thinking:
I was too scared to try it though because i might ding it haha

1 Like

It’s REALLY good so if you get the opportunity again you should try it for yourself, also everyone has their own personal opinions soooooo

2 Likes

Speaking of width, I’m wondering just how wide things will get?

I mean with me used to being an atlas Yoyo main, to me it’s not that wide and I like it like how it is

1 Like

I like mine too, alot actually.

I got one early on and i still like it a lot

7 Likes

Umm I don’t think is the Marco there Chief :slight_smile:

I am not following your comment. I said Evan likes wide yo-yos. In his Q&A here, he indicated if he wasn’t using his signature, his 2nd choice would be the Marco… which is suuuper wide.

Oh ok now it makes sense, I was just worded differently to me. Carry on your night :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have to say - I really dig your review style @SimplyMike - Haha. You have a good voice for radio too. Keep up the great work! :ok_hand:

5 Likes

Thxx Mr Boulay

I did plan an exit but fans are asking me to keep it going…I’ve got something in the works. So, you’ll be seeing me around.

Thxx again.

13 Likes