tell me what you guys think wich one tell why also

Dv888…
-better grinding
-bigger gap
-smooth
-Tight binds
-Flat rims
-Tightish binds

the maverick sucks for intermediate or higher. If you know how to bind, get the dv888
but the maverick is terrible!!!

k

I dont believe that the maverick is terrible… But it does need some modding first to become a good throw. Based on my preference though, I prefer the dv888: nice weight, nice binds, nice shape, etc.

Johnny i’m not sure if you know what your talking about. The Maverick is fine for any skill level. It has a high spin level and can be turned un-responsive. But i would also recommend the DV888 but if you would like to go cheaper the Maverick is quite good. Hope this helps! :wink:

Well if you want something cheaper, just go with the Maverick. But it depends on your skill level though. If you’re already Advanced-Master, go for the DV888.

The Maverick is definitely a great throw. Mine is completely stock with an Alchemy on it and it grinds, binds, flops, whips, slacks, you name it the Maverick will perform it. As for the DV888 I hear a lot of good things about them, I don’t own one so I would’nt know personally. Though the cheaper route by far would be to go with the Maverick, but if you absolutely have to have a DV888, get one :smiley:

This is an asinine attempt to convert an opinion to fact, do not be fooled.

Do you have a maverick? Are you intermediate or higher? I am. I like the maverick. I like it a lot. Now I do like the DV888 more. Yes it is a better yoyo BUT that doesn’t mean one is better than the other. that remains to the person that has played with both. And knows what they are doing. It takes time with a yoyo to say it sucks. And that only means that you think it sucks. Why don’t you give some reasons as to why it sucks. And don’t say the bearing size because mine spins just as good as any other bearing.

My opinion.

Maverick

This yoyo will help you learn how to be smooth. It’s not very wide which makes you learn to land it on the string in the right area.
It is made of the same material that YYF, BBYY, CLYW and all the other companies use.
Responsive out of the box and takes either some breaking in or giving the bearing a good cleaning.
The bearing is a non standard size but that is no biggy. Just makes it a little harder to find. Not impossible. The gap is a bit narrow and makes for a great 5a yoyo. The pads need to be broken in and it takes a while to get them there.

DV888

This yoyo is very stable.
Good weight. Floaty a little bit but still heavy on the string.
Great response. Dead unresponsive out of the box.
This yoyo will make you learn how to bind. No other way about it.
Bearing is a size C which is a standard size. aka large bearing. It also comes in a or small bearing.

thx

Do you have a maverick? Are you intermediate or higher? I am. I like the maverick. I like it a lot. Now I do like the DV888 more. Yes it is a better yoyo BUT that doesn’t mean one is better than the other. that remains to the person that has played with both. And knows what they are doing. It takes time with a yoyo to say it sucks. And that only means that you think it sucks. Why don’t you give some reasons as to why it sucks. And don’t say the bearing size because mine spins just as good as any other bearing. i dont know why it didn’t quote ;D

my best trick is suicide, so yes I’m higher than advanced.
it sucks for me because it doesn’t sleep to long, it’s to responsive, and i just don’t like yomega :smiley:
but that’s just me.

listen there’s a few people on this forum that’s really annoying to me,
and if I’m being annoying to you, please tell me

haha, I don’t think you are annoying, I think that a proper awnser would be a bit more fitting and helpful towards those members who are in need of advice or assistance. Just saying that “yoyo-A” sucks is not very helpful, that is all.

Never mind. I just realized you don’t know how to quote someone.

You are not getting on my nerves at all. I just want your answers to mean something. If you tell someone that a certain yoyo sucks then they will not know anything about why it sucks.
You have to elaborate.

what size bearing does the maverick have?

The Maverick is a Size E bearing apparently I get this info from… http://www.yoyoguy.com/PN/YPBE/Yo-yo-Ball-Bearings/Bearing-E

Also according to the Yomega Website the Maverick comes stock with, “…This high grade, all aluminum yo-yo has a weighted perimeter, a stainless steel abec 5 bearing (size SMR126ZZA5)…”

So, I have not bought an E size bearing so I cannot say for sure, and as for the SMR126ZZA5 a simple google search turned up a bearing matching that same number for roughly $10-$13.

So, again it is not impossible to find these bearings, just not as easy as finding an A, C, or D. :smiley:

well i can get the dv888 for 40$ or the maverick for 30$ wich one

If the DV888 is in good condition then DV888 for sure. that’s a good price for a great yoyo.

i do know how to quote, for some reason it just didn’t.
But the maverick is good for some intermediate tricks (trapeze, double or nothing, split the atom, dizzy baby, brain twister,) the only reason i don’t like it is because I’m trying to learn tricks (cold fusion, Dr.strange, skin the gerbil,) it’s just not good for me.

The DV888 will definitely treat you better for the advanced tricks.

For the 25-40 price range, the Protostar, Grind Machine and Legacy are all killer yoyos that (imo) play better than the Maverick.

Then you should have put that in your post as to why you don’t like the maverick. That’s all I’m saying.