Dude I threw a $400 yo-yo and I hit the carpet and got the tiniest scuff I just can’t touch it ever again 😓😭

I just got a yweti in the mail literally stringed it up one throw it bounces off the carpet and now there’s the tiniest hard to see scuff. My heart is broken I put it back in the box and I can never touch this yo-yo again. UGH

10 Likes

**** happens, throw again and be happy.

6 Likes

I’m gonna hurt the resale value

2 Likes

I can’t even look at it. ****

1 Like

Indeed you would. Tomorrow is a new day, second chance? LoL

3 Likes

It’s cursed

1 Like

Danm.

1 Like

WOLOLO!! Try that.

No biggie bruh. It was carpet. If you ever resell, reassure people it wasn’t dinged it was a light bump on a carpet.

5 Likes

Don’t worry, I do that will all my most expensive yoyos, except I like to do it over my tiled floor.

I hit my Ti Krown so hard on the ground, the bell sound it made caused my wife to run into the room in panic wondering what had happened.

I have done it with a TP titanium too.

I never hit the floor, I save the one or two hits for those really expensive toys. That’s why I like titanium, hardly a mark, and smooth as it was before.

17 Likes

Sir, that tiny scuff has given you the freedom to enjoy your YoYo. The first scuff, pinprick, ding is the worst, but, now that it is no longer mint, it should be a freeing experience. You can use and enjoy your toy.

I get it, it has taken me a long time to get into the mindset that some play damage isn’t a terrible thing. I mostly play over carpet or grass, but, have a handful of yoyos that are go anywhere, let anyone try, toys. It takes time to get to the mindset that you paid a lot of money, you should enjoy the toy. I’m still not 100% there, but, I would rather play my toys than watch them look beautiful on a shelf collecting dust.

18 Likes

Discount cursed yweti. Taking all offers
I’m so incredibly upset

3 Likes

Thanks for the kind words everyone

4 Likes

It will be a very sad throw if u do not toss it around. It only was created to fulfill this one thing.

4 Likes

Yeah, I kinda think that if a $400 yoyo was purchased to be treated as a collector’s item, where any kind of wear or damage is deemed unthinkable by the buyer, then it should never have been taken out of its box in the first place.

10 Likes

I bought it to play it just really hurts that it got scuffed on the first throw

3 Likes

I will play it again it just shocked me

1 Like

Now I’m gonna play the heck out of it

5 Likes

I feel free

6 Likes

i heard this story, poor rich man… oof

7 Likes