Dreams

Haha. I had a dream WAY back like a year ago where I got like moving boxes full of YYR’s.

That would be awesome beyond belief

It was

Come to think of it, I’ve had daydreams of me planning out a robbery of YYE and then rolling around in a mountain of yoyos. And then a passing police car brings me back into reality, because I’m not stupid. Yoyos are not worth prison. And Andre’s a cool guy, I would feel bad.

I had this really powerful vivid dream. It started long ago and I could even account for most of a childhood. I even had memories in my dream. I would even dream in my dream.

I was a small boy playing with a yoyo in a mcdonalds at about 12 years old. I played with it for days on end. Learned all sorts of cool tricks. Then the string broke and the yoyo hit the wall and broke.

I was sad. Now teenage years comes into the picture and im graduating high school and im loved and adored by many. I got a girl and a car and the future is so bright.

Next im older with kids and one of them sees this yoyo at toys r us called the duncan butterfly. I remembered that yoyo being different than this one. Could have sworn it said yomega on the side. No matter. My kid wanted it so bad and I thought to myself, this could be something we can do together. I get us both one.

I throw mine and it comes right back. It hurt when i caught it. My kid hates hers too. The edges are so sharp. I know the one I had as a kid slept longer and i remember all those tricks. So i research YoYos online. I found the Yomega store. “I knew it was yomega!” I said with joy. The one I had was no longer sold but replaced with an even better one at $20. I had to have it. I will reclaim some of my childhood and connect better then ever with my child!

It comes in the mail with a yomegamania dvd. I quickly rush to the dvd player with glee and call over my kid. “lets start learning yoyo!” It’s a beautiful YoYo. With smart switch technology. Who doesn’t love technology. My kid says she’s not interested anymore. I should go ahead. She’s going out to play with her friends. Ok, I’ll learn some tricks then she will be interested, i was thinking to myself.

Weeks go by. She still isn’t interested. She would rather play outside. Fine, but I’m going to learn this whole dvd. This stupid YoYo can’t do boingy boing. It just catches and my knuckles are really starting to hurt. Something else must be wrong.

More research is needed. Found a store online called YoYo expert. Their YoYos are so expensive. Geesh. Who would pay $50 for a YoYo? I need to go back to toys r us. They had other YoYos. Got a Yomega maverick and a Duncan drifter. See stupid online store, i got 2 YoYos for $50 bucks. Haha. You don’t even carry the drifter. what up with that?

A couple more weeks go by. I’m still not getting these tricks very well. Why, what’s wrong? Back to the online store, i think they had a learn section. Might explain better then stupid oochy ooch. Yea, good luck he says after each trick. Yea because your going to need it. looky what i can do but you can not. Na na na na na!. I show that ooch.

Expert also has a forum. I start reading. Wow what a collection of knowledge. 2 months go by. Expert now stocks the drifter. Everyone says it worlds better with a concave… And better pads from dif e o. I get them and wait for the mail. Seems like days. The mail. maybe I should not have ordered on a Friday. It’s Wednesday, for crying out loud i need a better bearing to do the advanced 2 section. Grrrrrrrr. Get here already. Oh, it’s in the mail box. Got the spacer kit to from Duncan too.

Now i can learn. My YoYo is now ready for me. Now it can do what i ask. Better do what i ask. I’m 5 months in and have spent about $100 on this stuff. I want results! I will not let it get the better me i swear it!

It’s almost a year later now, in my dream. I’ve now learned everything from the learn section. I just finished up yuuki slack. Its awesome. Others see me yoyoing. They to YoYo. They bring in their fancy dm2’s and protostars and dv888’s to show me. But nothing beats my drifter. Nothing.

I decided it’s time to join in on the forum. Made lots of friends. Helped out some here and there. Learned some tricks of theirs as well.

A little time passes and everyone online starts going crazy over a new YoYo. Code 2. Pheesh! What’s so great about it. It’s going to be $100 or so they said. mmmm. I don’t have a high end. That would tower over all these $50 YoYos my buddies have. Can’t be any better then my drifter. I’ve out done everyone I know with my drifter.

I got the first one expert sold with my quickness and 30 sec checkout. Again, the mail. Friday order. Can’t wait. Oh yea this is my first real order from expert.lol. Now i can post in the “can’t wait section”. Code 2 is amazing. Now i see why $100 is better. So smooth. So stable… So mine.

Found another site. High speed. Lots of videos. Spend months doing each one. More on you tube. I get addicted to YouTube. More videos. More. Can’t stop learning. I start buying all sorts of YoYos. Get more string even though I have plenty. New YoYo. Must buy. New string, must buy.

Now it’s 3 years later almost down to the day i bought those duncans butterflies from the toy store on october 26, 2009. I’ve learned hundreds of tricks, made hundreds of friends. Even found a yoyo club to belong to. An active member of the yoyo community. Spent about $1800 on stuff from yoyos, strings, bearings, mod shop and tools. Once again I’m loved and adored by my friends just like high school. Ive reclaimed a childhood. Future is so bright. Just posted my first tutorial and everyone loves it. Great dream. Got online and post all day about my love and addiction to yoyos. Even found this thread about “Dreams” made by a good friend …

…wildcat23…

…wait a minute…

…oh god!..am I dreaming?

3 Likes

That was the most amazing… :o :o

Woah

Sounds like a great dream, watching your major yoyo related events from your life. And BTW, hate to break it to you, but you aren’t dreaming.

Oh there was some bad times too but i wanted to keep it happy.

but what if we really are in the matrix?

Here’s a vivid dream from last night.

I’m in my house playing with a lighter. I decide to light a few pieces of paper on fore and stick them by the windows next to the front door to see it they would melt. I add more papers and they do start to melt. Well, I run out of the house with my sister, because it’s now on fire, and instead of stopping at the street, we run all the way across it to our neighbors house. We then hear a severe weather siren and see a dark black cloud above our heads. My phone slips out of my pocket at this point and the screen cracks. I actually stop to do a reality check because of everything going on. It passes because I expect it to. I pick up my phone and feel the screen. There is a chunk missing. I drop it on the ground again because it’s broken for sure. We then keep running.

At least the storm might put out you’re house. ;D

There was no rain…

I see what you did dare!
rain…

1 Like

I had a dream that I was walking down a dark hallway. Then all of a sudden a man appeared at the end of the hall. I wasn’t scared at first but then I realized he had extremely long arms and his face was pure white. I saw no eyes nose or mouth. I then realized, this was the slender man. I spun around an headed for the door, but it was locked. I only had one option. I had to get past the slender man. The rest is fuzzy but I remember me beating him up with my yoyo and a bear eating a cheeseburger…? Idk it was a weird dream. :stuck_out_tongue:

On Saturday, I went out to Pennsylvania where I was in the woods for a long time. Then on Sunday, I had a football game (my town team) out in another town in the woods. Well, all these woods gave me very weird dream. At first, I was just walking through the forest, enjoying the beautifully colored leaves. Suddenly, I came upon a hidden pond. I stayed there for a second to look at it, then looked to my right. There I saw Bigfoot in the shallows of the pond. It let out a Chewbacca like yell, and I screamed and began running the other way. I don’t remember anything after that. As dumb as it sounds, it was one of (if not the) scariest dreams I’ve ever had.

I had a dream that i dinged my chief really bad and then my baseball team lost the championship game. I woke up the next morning and the dream had felt so real. I didn’t ding my chief but my team did go on to loose in our championship game.

I had a dream, I got a ton of AWESOME yoyos, then I woke up.

I was at some kind of party. There was a brick missing in the patio so I replaced it. When my friends came over, one of them got driven back to his house. Eventually I got bored, so I went to my backyard. There was a really ugly cat there. He runs past me and up to my front yard. I’m then surrounded by about 20 mean looking cats. I run back to the party.

After watching the Presidential Debate before going to bed last night, I wound up having a dream involving Mitt Romney. I was at some sort of a political event, and while I was walking around in the crowd, Mitt appeared out of nowhere. He saw my Canon camera bag on my shoulder, and immediately started talking to me about cameras. I guess he’s a big fan of Canon cameras (or at least he was in this dream). I told him I have a Rebel T3i. He responded by saying he owns a Canon 5D Mark III.

We went back and forth about cameras/lenses for a bit, and the entire time I felt the urge to end the conversation and walk away. But Mitt wouldn’t shut up. LOL. When I finally woke up from the dream, I was covered in sweat. I had to take a shower to wash the taint of that dream off of me.