Dont put a responsive bearing in a unresponsive yoyo that doesnt come with a responsive bearing

Just dont, its not worth it…

I’m not sure what happened but I think depending on the yo-yo you may just need to swap the axle as long as it is size c it should fit if the gap can support it . Only problem I could see would be the weight

4 Likes

So what happened was my bearing seat was too low and my tool couldnt get it out and i had to “get it out”

1 Like

Ahhh i didn’t even think about that .

2 Likes

Yeah it was mentally horrible to destroy it :sob::sob:

Did you manage that without ruining the bearing seat?

3 Likes

Yeah idk how

2 Likes

You just wedge it our with a bearing removal tool or some other dowel? Some pliers or what did you do to actually get it out?

2 Likes

I used needle nose pliers in beetween the balls until it popped off, it was verry hard

1 Like

This photo is deceiving. Doesn’t the bearing look huge, like a car front wheel hub bearing?? haha.

I’m not sure how the height of the bearing post (especially being “low” or short) would affect the ability/inability to remove the bearing. Instead, I would be willing to bet that the inner diameter (ID) of the bearing was too small.

Lesson learned, Noah… If it ain’t broke don’t fix it! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The tool fit inside of it it just kept slipping out

Use the opposite smooth end of a 1/4" drill bit next time. The pliers were not good.

2 Likes

It sounded like the bearing seat was somehow deep enough the slim bearing was pretty much flush with it or something? I’m not sure how possible that would be if it could accept a normal C bearing with a useable gap. Either way fun story/lesson in hindsight since it sounds like the yoyo is ok.

2 Likes

I tried it, it didnt work

Exactly

So uhm i popped the bearing it the side the bearing goes on and when i unscrew it its on the other side

Like it does it every time, pls help

Look at the chamfer on that post. holy crap, no wonder why it was a pain to remove. good grief.

1 Like

Huh?