Dont put a responsive bearing in a unresponsive yoyo that doesnt come with a responsive bearing

google “chamfer”

Oh is that bad? I think screwed the seat

I certainly looks…exaggerated, that’s for sure. Either way, bearings have different inner diameters man. If the designer of that yoyo didn’t account for that, plus the .0007" or so that anodizing adds…then a bearing not designed to fit that yoyo’s bearing post will not work. Just put the regular bearing back on and leave it be.

1 Like

I did but when i unscrew the yoyo the bearing is on the other side

In a Mr. Wonderful/Mark Cuban tone: “and for this reason, I’m out”

Good luck.

1 Like

Ok thanks for your help :laughing:

Eh, it’s just a bearing. You don’t learn if you don’t try stuff.

The two biggest concerns I have seen are the bearing seat being too tall (i.e. the bearing seat is more than half the width of the half-spec [e.g. Yoyo Factory Pop Star]) or the yoyo needing a shorter axle in order to fully seat the bearing without damaging the body (and shorter axles are more prone to stripping). Lots of C bearing yoyos that ship with both a full size and a half-spec either have an axle that is already short enough to accommodate either, or they come with an extra axle to compensate f or the difference needed. If it didn’t come with a half-spec you might need to find a shorter axle to test with and/or be super careful when tightening it down with the original axle.

If the bearing seat is too tall, some maniacs have been known to grind them down a little to accommodate the half-spec. I have a clear mental image of a bearing seat someone (@codinghorror ?) ground down to accept a half-spec, and that can work. I think if the bearing seat is too tall, you can certainly run into this problem of it being hard to remove just because there isn’t much left of the inner race exposed.

2 Likes

Ok but why is it going to the other half of the yoyo? I can send a video if that helps

You’re saying when you put the bearing on the side without the axle, when you unscrew it the next time, the bearing is on the side with the axle, right? This happens to me all the time and has never been a problem.

1 Like

Yes, ok thank you verry much, i was concerned because thats never happened to me

1 Like

No worries. I assume it’s because one side is slightly tighter than the other, so the bearing might naturally stick to that side. It won’t affect anything.

1 Like

It’s probably going to “stick” to whichever side is a tighter fit. But it should also be noted that the axle usually isn’t fixed to one side or the other, it’s going to come free from whichever side it’s not as tight in, either, so it’s entirely possible to put a yoyo together, immediately unscrew it, and have the axle be in the other half.

The thing to check for, if the two halves aren’t distinct, is which end of the axle is visible before and after.

2 Likes

Thank you, yoyos are so much more complicated than they seem :rofl:

Most definitely :joy:

1 Like

“Dont put a responsive bearing in a unresponsive yoyo that doesnt come with a responsive bearing”

Maybe just be careful trying it. Don’t do it if the bearing seats are too tall and tight.

1 Like

I think i definitely did something to the seat becase i can get the bearing off with my fingers if i try but it still works so who cares lol

1 Like

Yeah i didnt realize that, but now i know :laughing:

1 Like

I got to go but thank you all for your help

At first, I didn’t know what you were talking about until I figured out responsive bearing = 1/2 spec. Yeah, that sounds like it was frustrating!

Now you can put another 1/2 spec in it! :rofl:

Never again!! :rofl::rofl::sob: