Donate a Yo-Yo Ended! Goal Exceeded - 44 Throws Total - Prizes Announced!

Going to PM everyone when I get your package in thanks again to all.

All I can say is wow!! We have had 11 people donate yoyos, string and other things to the yoyo club. This has been unbelieveable. Thank you so much for all of your kindness these yoyos will get good use at club meeting for people that don’t have yoyos and can learn some tricks and feel good about themselves. I am going to post a thread about how they are already going to good use. I can not say thank you enough to everyone and to Totalartist for coming up with this idea, starting the thread and donating yoyos and prizes to all that donate. Give us till the middle of the week. We will pm each of you that have donated about the give away with all details.

1 Like

I agree, that while we could have sold the prizes, and come up with a few new cheap throws, or asked someone to give us new throws, this was a lot more interesting, a lot more fun, and a lot more rewarding because we got a lot more variety of throws, more throws, a lot more people were involved in making it happen in such charitable way, and a lot of unused throws found a good home. They will be put to good use as referenced in the related thread. I was not sure when we posted this what kind of response we would get, but the response was fantastic from you guys, and we appreciate it. We were hoping to get to 20 throws, and prior to the end of accepting donations, we have exceeded that, and we are at an estimated 31, as we are collecting from a few people tomorrow, and waiting for a few more packages to arrive. In light of this, I am stepping up the prizes, and offering a few more of the promo leather holders I have, and I will finalize the list of prizes by the end of the day tomorrow. We did a lot more with you guys than we could have done by ourselves. Thanks to all…we will update you soon.

1 Like

Prizes added at the top of the thread…to be finalized tomorrow, and we will contact you guys next week, by the 15th, about the prize process.

theres nine prizes and 11 people donated. wow!

Hmm…I might have some stuff to donate too

knowing my luck, i still won’t win anything.

I’m Sorry I can’t go. I had last minute plans, but my brother will still be donating the WHiP

can’t go where?

He meant the BBQ in NH. Thanks a lot by the way. No problem, but wish we could have met. I got to finally meet your bro though…that was great :slight_smile: Maybe we will meet next time though.

Yup!

We both donated something! So, we’re both added right?

Ya got both of you on the list.

Sweet!

Why don’t you guys who donated start posting your preference for a prize, and we’ll see if we can find a way to put people in a drawing for a particular prize, that way we’re hoping someone doesn’t win something they are totally not interested in. It may happen anyway, but we will see what we can do to make things a bit better anyway. I think it’s worth a shot. That way, by the 15th, we will have the last few donations in, and be ready to get the prize process underway. I already know Ghost’ wants a holder. Maybe put a first choice and a second choice for the prize, and we’ll see what we can do.

I prefer if I win to just put my name back in the hat. I have way more yoyo related stuff than I need anyway. Lets give it to someone who is more need than me!!!

Me then! :stuck_out_tongue:

1st choice. Blood Brother.

2nd Choice. Duncan Echo.

I don’t have many yoyos and I only have one good metal. :stuck_out_tongue:

The Blood Brother or signed Andre Boulay card :slight_smile:

So well spoken by a man who owns two of my holders already, and has the most awesome yo-yo collection too. He wants nothing in return. Such a great guy.

Okay Matt, we will keep that in mind. You have two holders already, so I figured it would be best to ask people what they prefer. This makes the chances for those who want a holder even better, and the chances of getting a yo-yo are better for those who already have holders. At least, we hope it will work out better that way anyway.

This man has good taste. I have a blue Blood Brother, same exact pose, so I let that yo-yo go. Two is excessive. I’ll get a video of the yo-yo up for you guys soon. I’m still confused why Fellavader is willing to give up that Andre Boulay card. When he told me…I just stood there and blinked. :smiley: In all seriousness, he has a signed Dark Magic II, so he’s giving it up for a good cause.