Does anyone make a ring for the finger that

Does anyone make a ring for the finger that is designed with a groove around the middle for holding a yoyo string?

Explanation: My throw is finally getting better, getting more force and more spin, and also causing the string to really tighten around my finger. I’ve tried yoyo finger wrap, which helps, but tends to stretch and become very narrow. I’m thinking that something that looks like a double wedding ring affixed together. That would leave a groove around the middle that the yoyo string would sit in.

Has anyone tried this? Does a ring throw off the throw or make it hard to catch?

1 Like

Would that be closer to a crucial groove or a double convex?

2 Likes

This is temporary. Soon you’ll develop a callus where the string wraps. Then it won’t be a bother.

I recommend wearing a glove if it’s that uncomfortable until then.

5 Likes

Tough it out for a bit and your finger will toughen up so it’s not an issue.

3 Likes

Like people have said you will develop a callus. Plus I’d think a ring would be prone to slipping.

3 Likes

Could I be throwing too hard, causing the string to tighten too much around my finger?

1 Like

It’s generally i good idea to give it a rest before you get hurt. Not that that’s what I do lol. My TH pointer and yoyo finger are pretty scarred lol

2 Likes

Where are you wearing the string. If I have it at the base of my finger where its meatier it tightens like that I never really have a problem when it’s out toward the tip

1 Like

Between the base and the first (big) knuckle.

1 Like

Yup that is where I see that problem happen. You could try wearing the loop between that big knuckle and the one out toward the finger tip

4 Likes

I think I must have fat thick skin because I never had any pain with this…and now I like it to be super tight on my finger.

I wear my string just below the joint closest to my fingernail on my middle finger.

2 Likes

I’ve got super skinny fingers, so I don’t have this problem. What I do have is strings not staying tight enough and spinning on my finger. Now I do a double slipknot to keep it really tight.

4 Likes

Yeah I’ve not had this issues since double slipknotting either. Even with nylon strings. Gets nice and tight like I like it.

2 Likes

I generally put the string on the outer most knuckle, the one nearest the tip. The knuckle crease tends to keep the string in place.

3 Likes

Double slipknot is the way :fist_right::boom::fist_left:

3 Likes

Can someone post a photo of how to double slip knot? I also have issues with knots rotating sometimes.

4 Likes

I always just use rosin for slippage

1 Like

I’d also like to see what is meant by a double slip knot. … … … Okay, before hitting “Post” I did a google and found a link to this video saying the second method in the video is a double slip knot. Going to see if I can do it.

1 Like

Thanks for the video. Will try this too

1 Like

Same here. I place it in the crease. Seems like most people place it between the joints, but like you said the crease keeps the string in place.

1 Like