Does anyone make a ring for the finger that

What I find is that for things like looping the string loop slips more if the open loop is on the side of my pinkie finger. If the loop is on the thumb side it tightens more and doesn’t slip.

For 1A type string tricks I find slippage less of a problem but I generally find the same situation. Try changing your string loop orientation to see what works best for you.

3 Likes

That video confused me when I first saw it a few months ago.

This is what helped me finally figure it out…though these images can be a bit confusing at first too.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BaqyERYFJ-z/

1 Like

I find a double slip knot is too tight on my fingers lol.

2 Likes

Hi @jhb8426 sorry just wanted to clarify.
So in a slip knot there is one side with 1 string. And another side with two strings.
I currently have the side with 1 string towards my thumb (so side with 2 strings towards my pinky).
I didn’t quite get what you meant by open loop.

1 Like

hold on, I’ll try to make a video real quick :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks @twitch77!
That video made it super clear

1 Like

Yes, same concept just flip the string around so that the side with 1 string is on the other side of your finger.

2 Likes

Oh I thought I read somewhere that the side with 1 string towards thumb helps with string rotating.
I just have read it the wrong way around. Going to try this way first.

Tried the double slip knot. I like it. It’s stays put. But a bit annoying to take off. So might experiment around a bit. But I can see this being a go to for nylon strings

1 Like

Thanks Twitch77, that was easy to follow. Going to try it tonight.

2 Likes

If you wanted to continue to try the ring idea, just use a single ring and tie the string to the ring. The added string width will make the ring more snug, but that should be a good thing, as someone pointed out, you don’t want the ring to fall off. Better yet, if the ring is weightier brass, you can use it as a weight to try 5a throwing.