Do you have any "painted" yo-yos?

I ain’t no Higby or Nachtmahr, but I knows what I likes.

These are my two black Vayder halves resting in other throws to cure. Testor’s model paint gives MUCH better coverage than nail polish, and I think I’ll end up going full coverage on these cups.

Edit: Guess that hairy body part!

11 Likes

Oh my god :flushed::flushed:

She’s insanely talented dude, those are sooooo cool. I can’t decide which I like more!

2 Likes

I went nuts last night… These are my evil bois.

MMC

Banger

Vayder - I think I’ll redo this one. Too much coverage.

Sugar Glider - I will definitely redo this one now that I know enamel works so much better. The other side says ‘We Know’

MayheM - Needs another coat.

Gamma Crash

Firrox

SuperFreak

Pretty happy overall and this stuff comes off pretty clean with the right solvent (diluted turpentine) if I ever wanted to remove the paint and sell these.

8 Likes

Oh, let’s see, we have a few Higby Pro Flies that are always fun to play around with looping tricks…

Then we have this guy. I sadly do not remember what this one is called. I saw it at one time on the yoyomuseum.com site, but I’ve slept since then.

Here are a couple of Higby YYJ Sunset Trajectories and a painted (Higby?) Big Ben.

11 Likes

That’s a Spintastics Eclipse. There was also an edition painted by Doc Pop.

Amazing stuff!

4 Likes

Thank you, Egon! I knew somebody on here would know about it! I couldn’t even remember the manufacturer, so the search would have taken me a while to find it.

2 Likes

I made some more bad decisions with a @TSAF Throwing Sideways Parthenon. I regret nothing.

21 Likes

Looks better than most of the swirls I see these days!! Nice work!

1 Like

The answer is yes, I have many painted throws. Pics later.

3 Likes

If you’ll notice I didn’t post the other half. It’s… Fine while spinning :rofl:.

3 Likes

Posted it in another thread, but it’s more appropriate here. I was in the yoyoexpert fantasy football league a couples years back with ed and other members of the forum. Everyone tossed in yoyos to be divided out as prizes to first, second and third. I lucked out and got first, and one of the throws was a hand painted 20ehteen prototype made out of oak that ed painted. Apparently they were going to do the run like this but decided against it. Also, apparently they decided against oak and Ed has the other oak sibling.

The paint has held up just fine through the usage it’s had the last couple years. I think wooden painted throws could definetly have a market. The outer rim coming out like a lip leaves the inner portion like a protected canvas.

12 Likes

That’s awesome! It looks super cool!

1 Like

I love Jensen’s painted stuff for how simple it is, and coffin inspired me to paint random garbage in cups. The grail centers in on the nip and bootyhole on the grail

15 Likes

11 Likes

12 Likes

What kind of paint is everyone using to do this?

6 Likes

Found this thought of your post.

3 Likes

Did you have a Skullcandy logo stencil?

No just did it free hand. The black is sharpy though.

1 Like

I did it again. I know it’s not good. I love it anyway. Wanker.

This Lowerkase I just got in the mail is next.

10 Likes