Do peaks actually play well?

I have payed more for other throws that don’t play as good as the Peak. To each it’s own. What doesn’t make sense to you does to me.

Sorry if you can’t understand

I know right?!http://googlegif.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/1620742673_532dd66d_mind_blown_xlarge1.jpeg

Coming from the guy who insisted on other yoyos being far better on the page just before this… gotta love yoyo forums.

Hey genius, you just said its great, followed by “Its just opinion, we all have one” then say im wrong for saying I dont like it. Lol talk about being a hypocrite

Liking it is different than talking down about it quality-wise.
I don’t like Porsche’s. Are they fantastic machines? Oh yes. Could a Kia get you the same places? Absolutely.

1 Like

Have you heard of a place called school, you should go there! Voicing an opinion is saying what you think, whether it be positive or negative.

Noun
1.A view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Who am I? " People have different opinions, they can say what they want… unless it doesnt agree with mine, in that case just dont say anything."

1 Like

Whelp.

Last year I threw the first and only peak I’ve ever played, a well cared for OG painted peak. I guess since it’s an older design I wan’t expecting the play to be there, but it was really good. It didn’t feel dated to me.

I think I even said something ridiculous like, “this actually plays really well.” And the owner kinda looked at me as if to say, "Did you expect it to suck?!’ :smiley:

With high walls and gaps narrower than many modern yoyos, a Peak will make you tighten up your play and get less sloppy. Sure, other yoyos can do that too. However, the size, weight, and feel of the Peak (they do vary, though) just feels like a yoyo to me. Great presence on the string and feel in the hand.

If you want to play a Peak but can’t score a reasonably priced dinged one, then get something like an ILYY Lynx, similar feel but more stable.

Geeze getting kind of heated when everybody’s own opinion is valid… except those who probably haven’t even played a peak. I personal love the Peak. I love the way it plays and feels in the hand. Its hard to say if the yoyo would get such great reviews if it wasn’t clyw first throw which started the ball rolling for one of the most successful yoyo brands. Who knows but I would still buy it based on the specs and the shape. Love me so classic. Butterfly shapes :slight_smile:

As for the prices its about supply and demand. The supply is getting thinner by the day for mint peaks and if someone is willing to pay these stupid prices then the prices will keep going up. Im not going to be buying anymore though cause 4 is enough and there’s plenty of other cool yoyos that need some lovin :slight_smile:

They probably won’t lock it over some silly argument. Maybe just clean up the thread. Anyway, one of the biggest regrets in my yoyoing life would have to be passing on the Peak. I had multiple chances to get them at good prices, be it from the BST or from CLYW, and I passed over them. I remember when the final run came out, and I just watched them go…

I would prefer the peak over many yoyo’s of today honestly. They have a very interesting play that you can’t find in anything else.

It is not better than anything today, or worse than anything today, and anyone who tries to say one or the other needs to quit.

just play what you want, buy what you want, but Ill say, that if you can find a peak for a decent price, do jump at it, as they are a truly unique yoyo experience that I enjoy quite a bit.

bark!

Haru

I played one briefly and remember liking it. It was fairly smooth and floaty. Not the best performer by any means, some could even say it “sucked” by todays standards because of the outdated shape. But it was a lot of fun.

Honestly, this is one of the first posts that I would prune out when cleaning a thread. :slight_smile:

Jason

1 Like

Eh I often do exaggerate when arguments start, just because they seem so rare here.

Man…

I haven’t even played with a Peak. I did touch a Fools Gold beat one at PNWR though. It had no string qq…

Well if you haven’t played one by next years PNWR I will bring mine and you can try them. But I get to hold on to your wallet lol… and it’s will be over grass :slight_smile:

Not that it’s rare, they happen. Just gets censored before you see it. Not sure why we censor the forum arguments happen, it’s life.

My favorite thing about the Peak, as well as the Marmot and BvM is the IGR! CLYW has done away with this feature because no one does them at contests anymore. Which leads me to believe they pretty much only want to make competition worthy throws, which is fine all in all because the stuff they put out is bomb dot com. Get a peak and grind your thumbs off I say!

1 Like

And the Canvas, the IRGs on them are freaking amazing.