Disc Golf 🥏

We’ve enjoyed ours. Had some stitching come loose being tossed around but easy to fix.

That was the weird thing with my Hatchets, but a good lesson. Same disc, same plastic (VIP), flew and broke in differently. One turned over easily after a month of heavy play, the other, not at all. Had the same thing happen with the Innova Beast. Both in champion plastic 1 turned over easily after a while, the other never turned over, and is still hard to even flip up to flat from any hyzer.

My Truth was my pic over the Buzz until I lost it but I’ve gotten used to the buzz since. Same as the buzz it can hold an angle well. Will take some power without turning over, light consistent fade.

1 Like

I have taken a disc down approach to this seasons bag, alway swapping in different molds to fine tune things and this bag is definitely fairway heavy lol. Fastest disc in the bag is a wraith and I am limiting myself to only throwing it on wide open pars 5s to force me to refine my shots.

Side note if anyone has any super flat champ firebirds let me know, would love to get that g star out of the bag

3 Likes

Love that watermelon disc! And now I have to quote a favorite, that is very very true.

Mark Twain

“The true Southern watermelon is a boon apart, and not to be mentioned with commoner things. It is chief of this world’d luxuries, king by grace of God over all the fruits of the earth. When one has tasted it, he knows what the angels eat. It was not a Southern watermelon that Eve took: we know it because she repented.”

― Mark Twain

4 Likes

Lol hindsight seeing the prices of them now I should have never thrown it but I always buy backups :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve got a couple champs I can see the flatness of for ya. I wanna love that disc but it’s always the first out of my bag for something else lol.

1 Like

I’m old school so I’m sure there are other meat hook discs out there that do the job of a firebird, but like an old shoe, it just fits.

If it ain’t broke don’t fix it.

I have another I dyed but can’t find that anywhere.

3 Likes

Figured I may as well share what I’m working with these days

5 Likes

I miss disc golf so much.

It was a huge part of my life for almost 10 years. Tendinitis and a separated shoulder forced me to quit. Maybe someday I’ll be healed enough to get back into it. I kept my basket, bags, and some discs just in case.

5 Likes

What is the go to, gotta go left no matter what disc these days?

What speed are you trying to throw it is the real question.

The flick, the raptor, the fighter are all good options in the fairway/control driver range. I personally love the evader for these kinds of shots, but I’m a fairway driver all day kinda guy. If you wanna go up in speed, it doesn’t get much more over stable than the Hypercane from DGA!

I did also find my dyed firebird for ya if you’d like to see it too! I posted my red one up a bit too!

1 Like

Sure I really am looking more for like a 9-11 speed, not playing with anything faster than that atm

The flick is great and an 11. The fighter is like a 9 i believe? Those would be two good places to start on the very overstable range.

Personally though, it is really hard to beat a firebird.

This is a handy guide for disc ratings - https://www.marshallstreetdiscgolf.com/flightguide

1 Like

Figure I’ll ask.here too!

Anyone got a champion Teebird3 they’re down to trade?

Got to throw some this morning. It’s a short course, so I ran it twice.

First round I kept score (-2). Second time I threw for more practice. Multiple drives and putts on the same hole.
I haven’t been throwing lately, so it was nice to get it in.

1 Like

Was just on the heels of the pro tour today at Idlewild, have to say after watching pros play it you tend to forget how insanely rough that course is.

2 Likes

:joy:LoL love it!

2 Likes

So… I just signed up for a mini tournament. Nothing crazy, but now I’ve got goals.

5 Likes

Taking Dad, Brother , and myself to the Par 2 Tourney today!!!

It’s our first tournament and it’s a casual, beginners competition. Gonna try and get there early for a practice round. It’s also been raining off and on all week, with some of the weather providing flooding (oh goodie), but it’s a rain or shine event - water proof boots are a must.

1 Like