Dinged Yoyo Stories

I’m happy to see I’m not the only righty who seems to have wedding ring issues. It seems to happen less frequently, but, I’ve taken to removing my wedding ring when throwing Aluminium yoyos.

Shh…dont let him hear that! ;D

My first high end CLYW (Summit) took a heavy hit due to my wedding ring. I no longer wer it when im throwing. Also my belt buckle got a round in too on that same throw! Ive gotten alot better since then but those two made me hurt cause it was totally my fault for having that stuff to begin with! haha

Tried XL kitty string for the first time

Tries hard sleeper

You know what happened

Hard sleeper on the first throw? dang what a brave guy :smiley:

Speaking of wedding ring i dinged my superstar on my titanium ring and seen sparked so the question is to spark or not to spark lol oh it put a nice ding in my superstar

ks states 2015, my buddy (the OG rico norris) was talking to this guy about trading.

Mint nickel Code 2.

Guy starts throwing it, after awhile he throws a sleeper, intentionally hitting the sidewalk, gives it back saying “i dont want it anymore, its not mint”. ??? ??? ??? ???

Needless to say, rico was not a happy camper. Or just a happy person in general.

Someone asked me to walk the dog outside in a parking lot… so I did it.

I was throwing an Aoda Rainbow and legit chunks of aluminum were flying off the rim :o

A week or so ago I was throwing out front of an art walk festival I had a table at. I had a brand new, just got delivered, half light blue half blue, Anthony Rojas artwork, Bassacuda on me. A man who owned a food truck outside was digging some of the tricks. So he asked if he could give it a try. I said " Sure, but watch out. The string is kind of long and it doesn’t want to automatically come back up." First throw. Bang right off the concrete. He apologized and said " Those are kind of expensive aren’t they?" I said “kind of. But this one was less expensive than a lot of them.” Damn me for leaving my beater back inside near the table. I just wanted to spread the love…lol!!! He didn’t even offer free food…lol!! I should have won an Oscar for how not disappointed I acted. But It’s just a toy… Now I have a beater Bassacuda… so that’s cool.

1 Like

Oh! We’re talking about dinging the yoyo!?

I’ve dinged a chair, and a door, and one time, my dog.

Once I was throwing my yoyo.

And I dinged it.

Bravo! ( thunderous applause) you could be the next jk Rowling

Once upon a time, I was just walking, and ding, yoyo falls out of pocket and onto concrete. I’m okay with it though, it wasn’t the first (or second or third or fourth or eighth) time that yoyo was dinged.

Once apon a time I used cotton strings on my Wooly Marmot.
The string snapped.
And the yoyo flew.
And it landed spinning on a two inch wide strip of concrete surrounded by grass.
Yep.

I was in the restroom. My yoyo falls out of my jacket pocket onto the floor. The sounds was so loud someone asked me if I had a weapon.

I left quietly. The other person was legit scared, but I was too embarrassed to say, “Nah it’s not a deadly weapon. Just a yoyo.”

I hope he didn’t stay in there too long waiting for a reply.

Don’t you love when the odds just don’t go your way…

1 Like

That was the first metal yoyo I ever dinged…

arent you the kid who walked the dog on concrete with a brand new Bonfire? Pretty awful story IMO

My favorite is when I’m in a fully carpeted room and hit the ceiling fan, you only make that mistake once lol.

Or the lightbulb ::slight_smile:
#glassinmyhair