DEADLY SpINS Official Thread: New Video and Pride Restock Update!!

So what’s everyone’s opinion on the pride so far?

Still waiting for mine. :wink:

I’m sure you’ll get it soon. It usually takes about a week to just over a week for stuff to arrive from Candada. So i would assume its the same in reverse.

1 Like

This is a little late, but still worth sharing IMO. I tried yomagic’s Prides (both 6061 and 7075) and his Greed proto at the Ephrata yoyo club. The Prides were both amazing, and I just can’t wait for the Greed! It was seriously awesome! I can’t wait for the Greed release!

Edit: BTW I already have a Wrath and it’s one of my favorites :slight_smile:

Why does it seem that ds hype has died?
Haven’t heard much at all about the pride

everybody is probably to busy enjoying the pride to pos a review.

Because no one can comprehend the awesomeness that will be the Greed

What link said. I haven’t stopped playing my 7075 pride and my bonfire since I got them, which was on the same day. Both of them are on my person each day.

I’ve been on vacation. :wink: Also a LOT of good yoyos came out at the same time… DS kind of dropped the ball on their release date, so that probably lost them a bit of steam, too. Doesn’t matter how good a yoyo is if people are annoyed at release date flakiness.

So yeah: the Pride is AWESOME. Love the blast, love the weight of the 6061.

The negative: they were NOT up to the standards of the Wrath in terms of presenting a pristine package… my Pride had some sort of residue on it and lots of the pouch lint was stuck to it. There were less “goodies” which ultimately wasn’t a terrible thing except that I wouldn’t have minded choice of bearings.

The residue and lint left a disappointing first impression that was quickly swept away, though. Wiped the yoyo down, played it a bit, and it actually looked newer than when it was new. And it plays GREAT. The response is dialled in to exactly what I like, and it was quite stable for the “type”/shape of yoyo. As I suspected, it plays like it shares some genetic code with the Avalanche and Punch Line, two all-time classic favourites. More stable than the Punch Line, and almost as comfortable on the catch.

It’s too early to say if this is going to be part of the “permanent collection” since it turns out that I enjoy trading and selling more than I ever thought I would. But it’s a contender.

I was looking forward to hearing from you, Greg!

The Prides came back from ano with that weird, almost sticky residue on them. Dan said he tried his best to wipe them off with a piece of denim, but it must have been a little persistent. For the record my 6061 Pride did not come with it but my 7075 did. Sorry about that!

The cardboard box does fall short of the plastic tube as far as presentation. And Dan did cut back on the goodies. I have not spoken to him about it but it was probably to cut cost. I will make sure your feedback makes it to him, and will recommend he returns to the plastic tube because I liked that more too. Again, sorry about that!

The Pride is indeed very stable for its size/shape. The 6061 is more nimble, but if you’re wanting to take the stability to the next level you should try the 7075 variant. If you want to pay for shipping I would gladly send you mine to try out and maybe review? These guys are right, I haven’t seen any reviews yet. But at the same time I haven’t seen any on the BST as far as I know. Which is a good sign.

EDIT: NOOOOOOO. I just saw a 7075 one on the BST :frowning:

I saw 2 :frowning:

Got my 6061 Pride and love it. I wasn’t sure I would get along with the shape as much as my Wraths due to my personal preferences, but DEADLY SpINS has changed my mine on that assumption. Chalk one up to another great design.

As far as the goodies go, I felt all the extras that came with the Wrath were sort of a bonus for trying a first release. I still got plenty of goodies with the Pride.

Would write more, but I think I’m gonna go throw my Pride instead.

1 Like

Got mine strapped to my beltloop today! Alex, I appreciate your offer! Shipping to and from Canada is a bit prohibitive, though. The 6061 is such a stable and powerful spinner (despite being a mid weight) that I can imagine the 7075 being a beast!

Really enjoying the throw. I wouldn’t worry about seeing any on the BST… Wraths end up on the BST from time to time, too. As do any number of other excellent throws. :wink:

I will be at Virginia States this Saturday with all of the Deadly Spins lineup for anyone to try out! Just walk up and ask, I’m friendly lol. So if you have been wanting to try a specific yoyo or anything just let me know :slight_smile:

I look sort of like this if you haven’t seen me before :slight_smile:

A bunch of people are selling 7075 Prides but no one is selling 6061 Prides :frowning:

If you call 2 a bunch lol

Haha Zach’s face in the background of that picture :stuck_out_tongue:

YYE still has 6061 Prides!

Hopefully my parents let me order the last silver one tonight. I’ve been watching it for a few days to make sure it’s still there ::slight_smile: