Dark magic or dv888

Oh. The Dark Magic is much more famous than the Dv888. Almost everyone has owned a dark magic at one point or another.

thanks

Sniffy-Yo.com
@Sniffyo on twitter

Sniffy-Yo.com
@Sniffyo on twitter

I have owned both a FHZ and a DV888 but never a Dark Magic so I am fine with how it is now, but more comparative shots in your videos would only serve to improve your videos.

I have both.

Preferences, I like the DM2 more than the dv888. The dv888 isn’t bad, just doesn’t really do it for me.

As far as for size comparisons, the problem is there’s standards, but no “plain vanilla reference standard” to go with. A FHZ might be a good start though. They are readily available, inexpensive and something I think most of us should have at least one of. I get the impression from other reviews that among other reasons, the dv888 was obtained to also be a “size comparison reference” item. I don’t think you’re trying to compare the dv888 to anything else. Your reviews seem to be based around the merits of the item being reviewed rather than a “shoot-out/A-B” type review.

I think having a handful of common yoyos is ideal for size comparison purposes. The ONE and WHIP are cheap, common and readily available as well. FHZ’s, again, lots of them out there and lots of us have them. The DM2 seems to be a cash cow item, as it seems to be a consistent selling item and loads of us have them. Since they are used for size comparison purposes, why spend big? But, if you plan to play them as well, go for whatever you want. I don’t buy stuff just to “have it”. I intend to throw it.

When I was working on my review for my Royale, I compared it with a FHZ and Code 1, mostly to show a constrast/compare in size and shape from a “classic shape” and a “new/modern shape”.

Thanks very much

Sniffy-Yo.com
@Sniffyo on twitter

These are both great yoyos!!! I own both of them. They are just part of my around 20 piece collection. But in my opinion I think the Dv888 is much better. I think that because of the size shape and weight. I also feel the Dv888 is much easier to use and control. That is just my opinion.

Agreed. Thanks.

Sniffy-Yo.com
@Sniffyo on twitter

yeh, I agree with the first comment. I own both so I can say that the 888 can fit on the cap of the DM. and the DM is considerably wider as well. I think the 888 also seems to fit more naturally in my hand compared to the DM.

This isn’t about play I take it but size and shape for comparison. Like if you was to say in my hand the code 2 feels wider then the dv888 and taller, making it a much bigger feeling yoyo. I get it sniffy. Honesty I think everyone knows the feel of either a dm2 or dv888, and if your looking for a new yoyo to compare I would get the dm2 and do comparison to both. Feels bigger then a dv888 but smaller then a dm2. But I still like the way you do it. Can’t please everyone.

Thanks.

Sniffy-Yo.com
@Sniffyo on twitter

Still looking for input from more people if you have an opinion.
I’m asking what you are more familiar with, not which you prefer.

Sniffy-Yo.com
@Sniffyo on twitter

More more more please

Sniffy-Yo.com
@Sniffyo on twitter

I am more familiar with the dm2, mostly because my little bro owns one and let’s me use it. However, I am also know the dv888 but I’d say I am more familiar with the dm2.
Hope I helped!

Thanks very much.

Sniffy-Yo.com
@Sniffyo on twitter

I use both the DM2 and DV888 for personal comparisons. When I am looking full size I go DM2. For undersized the DV is my starting point.

Another cheap starter to compare too is the velocity.

Thanks.
I’m not sure how much range the velocity has in terms of viewer familiarity though. Back when they made the B&W one though I really wanted to snag one just because it looked cool. But they were long gone.

Sniffy-Yo.com
@Sniffyo on twitter

Why not reference both as far as comparison? This way you’re offering information that is more broad in terms of recognition and you will be giving the audience two reference points.

Well, one thing is I would have to get a dm for the comparisons, so I’m wanting to figure out if it’s needed or not.

Sniffy-Yo.com
@Sniffyo on twitter

Well, if I can find mine you’re more than welcome to it. I don’t play it and its a standard addition so nothing I would miss as far as collector value. :wink: