DV888 VS. Dark Magic

I have been considering buying a Dv888 to add to my collection. I have been using the DM for about two weeks. So I was wondering what your guys’s opinions on the two are.
Steel

I myself have had a DarkMagic for a first yoyo. I received a Dv888 for my third. It is a great yoyo buy it. The bearing spins so long.

Thanks man I have trouble with the DM staying stable sometimes through play. Seems like the metal Yo will really help with that.

I recommend you not to get it, I eman you only had a DM for 2 weeks. Also the stability problem is from your throw, not the DM, notice how Andre can do alot of tricks fine with a DM, a DV888 won’t really help the stability (unless your DM has epic vibe).

why wouldnt you recommend getting one?

You just got your DM so you don’t really need to buy a metal right away. Also a metal yoyo won’t help witht he stability problem you have, you just need to practice your throw.

If you only just got your DM so why are you already looking to upgrade to the DV888? You should get used to the feel of the DM and work on your throw, you should be able to do most if not all of the tricks with it, then perhaps just open out the gap to make it a fixed gap for a while, mabey mod it there is heaps of mods u can do to your DM.
I’m not telling you not to go out and buy the DV888 just saying that mabey you should get your money’s worth out of the DM first.
I personally had my DM for 3 months before i even looked at other yoyo’s then I bought the DV888 which is a awesome throw, its much smaller than the DM, super smooth and feels great in your hand.
So basically what I am trying to say is that just bide your time get used to your DM and work out the kinks you may or may not have with your throw, get a swag of tricks down pat then mabey look at upgrading
The DM is a great yoyo and should not be overlooked.

Master your tricks on your DM first.

You just got it for god’s sake! :stuck_out_tongue:

I wish i wouldn’t have gotten rid of mine, they are great yoyos (overated) but great lol.

Which the DM or the DV888?

^^

Dark Magic.

And I agree with some of the other guys on here. I think you are rushing things abit by buying a metal so soon. But its your money, so you can use it however you want.

I probably am. Thanks for all the feed back. Nice signature Ewski

They are both great yoyos, I have both, I got a DM for my first yoyo and it was great for learning tricks all the way up to about Expert 2, I only say this cos I cant do master tricks yet but the DM is great as is the DV888, only just got it, christmas infact, but it is “fricking awesome”, unlike the DM it doesn’t seem to have that much of a vibe, either way like most people would say it is your money soend it how you wish!