Dark magic or dv888

Hi. I want to start off saying I’m not asking which is better, or which one people like more.

People who are familiar with my reviews know I usually pull a dv888 for size and shape comparison to what I’m reviewing in the video.

Recently someone mentioned they weren’t familiar with the dv888 so it got me thinking that maybe I made an incorrect assumption. I asked Andre and he mentioned the dark magic is the top seller on yye, so I’m thinking maybe I’ll pick up one of those for comparison instead.

I’m wondering which you all are more familiar with.
I want to keep it to one, though if it’s split then maybe both, being they’re quite different.

Keep in mind I’m only using it for shape and size comparison, so the quality or play of either doesn’t matter in this case. I’m also not saying here one is better than the other, or that either are bad or good.

Sniffy-Yo.com
@Sniffyo on twitter

I think it’d be beneficial to do comparisons between both and maybe even throw a FHZ in there.

1 Like

Thanks

Sniffy-Yo.com
@Sniffyo on twitter

I didn’t actually think of the fhz. It would certainly be a cheaper way to go.
I’m not sure if that would be the right way to go though.

Sniffy-Yo.com
@Sniffyo on twitter

Most people buy the DM2 then the Dv888. Either are good for comparison as both are different sizes.

Thanks.

Sniffy-Yo.com
@Sniffyo on twitter

i knew about the DMII well before the DV88

Personally, I started with the DMII because it comes with the 2 bearings when you purchase it. It’s great to start beginner tricks and slowly work into the unresponsive kit. That’s what I like about the DMII.

I’m just asking which more people are familiar with for shape and size comparison.

Sniffy-Yo.com
@Sniffyo on twitter

I don’t think this is necessary for your awesome reviews, but if you go and get a full sized yo-yo and the compare it with a Dv888…It may make it easier to have a DM2 IMO.

Yeah the DV888 is smaller than the dm2 but I like it, it’s got a pretty wide gap for it’s size which makes it pretty easy to use.

The dv888 seems like a really obvious choice and if I had to bet on it I’d say its more popular worldwide, making for a more relevant reference to many people which is probably why you originally selected it.

The dv888 makes since in a lot of ways. For one its all metal. Another is it makes people say “okay if this yoyo is $150 it better smash the dv888 in every possible way, lets compare”…but Is that a good thing?

Personally I’d prefer a more timeless piece that maybe even puts other throws to shame. Something that when you compare a cheapo knock off throw to it you just cringe/laugh-it-off and look into something more worthy of your time.

FOLLOW YOUR HEART LOL

Thanks very much

Sniffy-Yo.com
@Sniffyo on twitter

Thanks. That is why I initially selected it.

Sniffy-Yo.com
@Sniffyo on twitter

Dv888 will leave the Dark Magic and FHZ in the dust. It’s better than both combined.

1 Like

Again. I’m not asking which is better, I’m asking what people are more familiar with.

Sniffy-Yo.com
@Sniffyo on twitter

This

Thanks.

Sniffy-Yo.com
@Sniffyo on twitter

I am also much more familiar with the dark magic than the dv888 since as Andre mentioned, it is the most sold yoyo in yoyoexpert and everyone just seems to talk about it all the time. Hope this helps. :smiley:

thanks

Sniffy-Yo.com
@Sniffyo on twitter