Cubing Corner

It’s super gluing the two bar like pieces in the core to their respective halves of the core. It makes the puzzle more solid.

Then swapping in a shengshou sq1 spring can speed it up some. And the 6x32 locknut completes all the improvements I know of.

I think the low mod is only the super gluing the core part.

I finally got my premium weilong gts in the mail! First turns were very promising. I think I like this cube a lot! We’ll see after some solves…

Nice! I don’t like the feeling, so I won’t use it as my main, but it is an amazing cube to say the least. Switching to a Hualong or zhanchi in all likeliness.

1 Like

It is an amazing cube! It just gets better as the lube breaks in… When I got it I couldn’t decide between the GTS and the YueXiao. Now I’d really like to compare the two.

yuexiao is way too locky. Meiying is honestly much better once broken in. The problem is that mine took 10 k solves to break it in until I was happy with it.

[quote=“Pineapple_Jumpsuit,post:1606,topic:28161”]
I just realized that you just said that you’ve solved a cube 10,000 times just to break it in.

Wow, when you mentioned “Lots of practice” earlier you weren’t kidding.

I got a little help with this solve from my KittyKuber…

it’s not as much time as you’d think, but yeah. 5.13 ER single by Mats Valk today.

1 Like

When you thought you just got a really fast x-cross and then you put 2 and 2 together and realize that you’re an idiot:

1 Like

took me a second to realize why that pair didn’t work. I guess I’m an idiot too.

what’s an x cross?

When you finish the cross with an f2l pair already inserted.

i see.

STUUAAARRTTT!!! I got a bld success. Changed my memo midsolve too.

that’s what i’m talking about. how did you change your memo midsolve though? I would think you wouldn’t need to change it if you could. What was the time, and most of all, what was your reaction like? :smiley:
btw, are you going to worlds? (yoyoing, not cubing)

I was going to worlds, but some stuff came up and I have a funeral to go to. Basically for the memo, I knew there were no cycle breaks for corners, but I realized I had D twice while executing. I reasoned my way through it that I mistook a c for a d, as I am just getting used to lettering scheme. 8:27.xx. got up and ran around my living yelling. Best moment in my cubing career.

haha, yeah, if ever i do 6bld that’ll be my reaction.
ordered a 9x9x9, megaminx and 3x3x9 last night.

cool. What mega? I have a qiyi Galaxy coming in the mail.

yuhu. i was playing with a shengshou megaminx that one of my friends has, and I couldn’t figure out the u perm at the end. It was so frustrating. I figured it out yesterday though, so i’m ready for it tomorrow.

6.01 good considering it was white cross, bad considering it was a 38 move solution with Wv Pll skip.