Cubing Corner

heh I can get down to a 55 avg when I practice. But I don’t practice

Look what came in the mail today. My first ones:

']YoYoExpert mobile app[/URL]

Nice! What cubes?

YJ GuanLong 3x3x3 and a YJ YuPo 2x2x2

They were what was cheap and available and I’m not even sure of the differences yet in the different cubes. I have students in my classes that play and I was curious.

Ha! I knew that was a yupo! I have that 2x2. It’s awesome after a couple hundred solves with a shengshou!

I don’t have a YJ 3x3. I have the YJ GuanSu 4x4 though and it’s good too; also a bargain at $8 btw.

I honestly don’t know the difference yet. These are my first cubes since my Rubik’s in middle school. And let’s just say that was awhile ago.

Lets just say that my shengshou 2x2 has to be PERFECTLY aligned or it won’t turn. It’s frustrating. The yupo corner cuts one way or the other no matter what, so it always turns. The rounded corners (florian mod) in the center of each face help to facilitate that.

That makes sense. These things feel almost slippery in my hands compared to my old Rubik’s.

i was sub 10 with a stock shengshou. Now I’m sub 5 with a Dayan

i had a yj that was essentially a ko of a shengshou and i was sub 6 with it.
oh yeah i got a 10.98 ao100 too

20.46 oh

nice

1:16.07 ao5 4x4x4
btw, have you reached sub 2 on the 5x5x5 yet?

Yep

oh, I think I got creamed in that challenge :slight_smile:

I’m back with new toys! My wife has now acknowledged that my addiction is real… Today I got a moyu pyraminx, moyu skewb, and qiyi square-1!

Now I gotta go learn how to solve a sq1…

I’m getting those puzzles soon. I need to improve my sum of ranks score and pyra is by far my worst, followed by Skewb.

I can recommend these puzzles; they all turn very well. The minx and skewb are smooth and click into place nicely without too much tension on the ball bearings. The sq1 is a little sandy and really fast; but, the tension on the bottom layer is a little tighter than the top… I’m brand new to sq1 though, so that might just be a sq1 thing?

I’m worse at skewb… my TPS is terrible; it’s just a clumsy puzzle for me.

edit
Today I discovered that the SQ1 is an evil puzzle! so far it’s winning… but i’m not giving up.
And the skewb is easier than I remembered.

CFOP Average is FINALLY starting to smooth out. It’s down to ~1:20 usually. But I still feel super clumsy trying to figure it out.

You’ll get more comfortable once you do more solves