Cubing Corner

wat

I donā€™t know if thatā€™s funny or horrific

Itā€™s not really all that much. Max speed I can do it in 30 minutes. But I usually take my time. I can memo a 3x3x3 in 30 seconds. So it would take only three and a half minutes if I had plenty of short term memory.

It was more of a ā€œdid I really just do thatā€ moment. Just imagine a cube in a bowl of soup. It was hilarious.

what cube was it?

my thoughts exactly. Also I hope youā€™re soup tasted fine after the incident.

SS Aurora. I seem to have all the soup out now, it no longer spits every time I turn it.

It wasā€¦ Magical.

So you actually finished it?

oh and agony updateā€¦ a white and yellow left oblique were switched after a 6blind attempt

Didnā€™t finish, because then I thought of the nasties that were probably in the cube, but I ate enough to know it tasted different.

Also, I wasnā€™t gonna post my 2:10 record, but it turns it it wasnā€™t a fluke, as I averaged about 2:13 after three solves.

most records result from flukes.

6bld must be getting tiring. I canā€™t imagine the frustration

Well, letā€™s put it this way. If I keep this up, Iā€™ll break the wr for 6bld on my first success.

Feeling good. PB is now 1:16, and consistently getting 1:30-1:40. Gonna get a sub 1 minute solve on this 2 hour long car trip. I hope. Then Iā€™m gonna learn CFOP with the free interwebs at the hotel :stuck_out_tongue:

Committing to full zbll. 117 done so far. I might start a youtube series documenting my progress. https://youtu.be/gIUuVADo_Aw

Speeding up that cross and f2l is an ever present goal. Knowing all the oll/pll algs will make you faster; but, thereā€™s more speed to be gained in that darned f2lā€¦

Averaging about 1:20-1:30 solving lbl is about where I was when I started cfop. When you start cfop youā€™ll get slower; but, DO NOT give in and solve lbl. Youā€™re finished with lbl now. Work that f2l and youā€™ll be back to 1:30 and less in no time.

are you new to this thread? Donā€™t recall seeing you before. Maybe Iā€™m just being dumb though. If you are new, welcome, and your spot on about f2l, although knowing lots of algs can be fun.

Iā€™m new to this thread. Iā€™ve been on yye for a while though.

Iā€™ve just recently started looking at the cubing corner after I decided to get into big cubes. I just got my first 4x and 5x (yj guansu and cyclone boys.) my main 3x is the qiyi thunderclap and 2x is the yj yupo.

Anyway, cubing is an on-and-off obsession with me. Iā€™m not an expert at all; but, I may comment where my experience could help someone. Itā€™s fun for me even if my times arenā€™t sub the-latest-and-greatest.

Just got the craziest scramble ever. 1 move pseudo x cross with rotation less f2l. I then went on to fix the edges and completely ignore an easy 2gll I knew, costing me a pb.

I donā€™t know. Even when I do see one of those weird cases I know, the time it takes me to realize the case and do it wastes all the time saved.

8:07.28 4bld

gogogogo sub NAR please