Cubing Corner

your time.

Attempted a 3bld today. Corners solved but had a few edges flipped in their place. I think it went fairly well for my first attempt

Good. How long did memo take?

I donā€™t know how you guys do it blindā€¦ I can hardly even remember the algorithms in the first place.

:slight_smile: ever seen a tutorial or explanation of blind? A 3x3x3 only requires 20 letters of memorization

10-11 mins I think. I reviewed 2-3 times

Iā€™m happy. Just got four minutes 33 seconds. First time I recorded my time!

That is a great time for the first timed solve!

I have been doing skewb for about a month
I have been doing 2x2 seriously for about 2 months

Skewb is harder to spam tps

Which takes fewer moves?

Well
I know cll for 2x2 but only now Sarahā€™s intermediate for skewb

So skewb usually takes around 30 while 2x2 is around 20

ok, i guess that makes sense then.

Iā€™m happy right nowā€¦ Just did an (about) 3 minute solve! Slow, but progress is being made. Also, got all steps memorized as well today. I could not remember step six. At least from that video that Pineapple Jumpsuit posted for me.

1 Like

good. I wish I could cut off that much time on my record :). I think yours is probably the most interesting time of cubing.

had two more unsuccessful attempts. Itā€™s almost getting funny every time. Both attempts resulted in an accidental mental switch of two targets resulting in a cycling of three pieces on the inner wings. So close sooooo many times. I think Iā€™ve come within three pieces at least 10 times.

whenever I think of memo for big bld I imagine switching two letters and that would make a world of difference. How many letters of memo in a typical 6bld solve?

no it doesnā€™t make much of a difference. But a miss is as good as a mile. Think of it this way. Youā€™re running a mile on a typical track (4 laps equals a mile). You skip part of the track. You just skipped maybe a 10th of a mile. You havenā€™t run a mile but youā€™ve run nine 10ths of a mile after four laps. Youā€™re just jumping ahead.
It generally takes about 125 letters.

Note: Campbellā€™s chicken noodle soup doesnā€™t make very good lube. Trust me on this.

and why do you know that? Is it just a bit of deduction I hope?

Umm. Butterfingers?

Yeahā€¦ I dropped it.