Cubing Corner

Not a great average, it had the potential to be great though. The first two solves could have been low tens, and if I hadn’t failed recognition for coll on the last solve, it could’ve been a lot faster. Oh well, best on cam by a lot.

“Fail” Dude you are awesome

Bleh, I just wanted to get a sub 12 avg on cam before I left on vacation and I kept failing, locking up, define, etc. it wasn’t a fun time.

Cubing can be the most frustrating thing ever.

especially on cam. Your heart started racing and your hands start shaking.

What’s everybody’s 2x2x2 averages? Mine’s 7.92. Haven’t done too many though.

Single 0.43
Ao5 1.68
Ao12 2.33
Ao100 3.34
To be completely honest, 2x2 is probably my best event. So embarrassing…

why’s that embarrassing? how do you solve it? bottom layer then cll?
Couldn’t you just for the 3x3x3 solve corners and then use commutators for edges? It might be a little slower than normal solving, but I’d like to see how long it would take you.

Yeah I’ve tried it that way. But I’m super slow with it. It’s embarrassing because I spend 1\10 of my practice time on it and I’m way better at it than 3x3.

I’ve found out a method to improve past the 13-11 sec barrier that has worked for me. This really only applies for cfop. Turn at 3-5 tps for cross and first 2 pairs, once you spot your third pair, crank up the tps and try to look ahead into your fourth pair. After that keep the tps high until the end of ill. In the last few moves slow down, and attempt to reduce the pause between oll and pll. So if anyone is stuck at this speed I hope this helps.

Oh and Stuart, I use Ortega with a lbl and opposite layer bias with half of cll. If I use anti cll I will first check if it is a sune or antisune. If it isn’t, I will R2 F2 R2 then use cll. If it is, I will do oll then pbl.

Well I got a new best of 43.95 using Cross, Beginners F2L, and 4LLL, but using F2l I got 1:36.73

Nice!
If anyone wants to see some crazy solves, check out Feliks zemdegs channel over the next few days. 5 sub 6 solves in four rounds at worlds.

Last week, I’ve bought a Rubick’s Cube from Walmart, and I’ve already know how to solve it. I’m just beginning, but what are some recommendations for cubes that can take me to a more advanced level?

Pretty much any speedcube. I started with a 55 mm zhanchi, and I. Have recently switched back to it after trying many moyu cubes.yj Guanlong is really good, and only 3 bucks, I am really interested in the qiyi thunderclap, which I would get. Hualong is really good. If you need help deciding, pm me and I’ll give my narrowed reccomendations.

Stuart, I am trying blind again lol, and I am having trouble with what I think are called cycle breaks. Could you explain what you do when you break into a new cycle and how to detect it in memo.

I’ll use a corner cycle for example. I’m assuming your buffer is UBL. Let’s say your memorization is UBR, DBL, BUL- don’t memorize BUL, that’s the piece that’s supposed to be solved at the very end. Pick a piece that hasn’t been mentally solved, and pick a sticker on it. So now it’s UBR, DBL, BDR, RDF, DBR- stop. BDR and DBR are on the same piece, but do memorize DBR. UBR, DBL, BDR, RDF, DBR, FUL, LDF, FUR, and FUL, LUF, or ULF (doesn’t really matter). You have parity. If you need more of an explanation I’d be happy to oblige.

Do you use m2 for edges?

I use a modified M2 3-stylish method. It’s almost as good as 3-style, it just adds one or two more moves onto the commutators.

Was that full memo?
And I’m having a bit of trouble with edges, I might pm you.
1000th post in this thread.