Cubing Corner

I don’t like the weilong. Aolong v2 is better. I’m not sure if I’m allowed kt send links to cube stores s if you want to know PM me.

i love my weilong, but ive been dying to get the aolong v2 lol

It’s so good, trust me.

So when the expert cubers memorize algorithms, is it the last layer all in one move (orienting and permuting the edges and corners)? Because if you can memorize all those situations, might as well go whole hog and learn every single combination on the cube (kidding, kidding). Isn’t there some kind of formula for algorithms?

Well, i’m not 100% sure what you mean by formula.

Or maybe, i’m just stupid. Anyways…

I think I understand what your saying, if not then tell me. But a majority of expert cubers use two steps for the last layer. oll and pll. However, there are various subsets of algs that you can use in certain situations, such as ollcp, which orients the edges and corners, and per mutes the corners. Then there is zbll. >450 algorithms but if your edges are oriented in oll, you can solve both oll and pll at the same time in one algorithm. There are tons of subsets that you could learn for last layer, and most cubers know at least a few subsets.

Oh. I thought the pro cubers knew all the possible occasions for the last layer in one move. Just how many combinations are there for the last layer (disclude U moves)

By formula I mean that it can be used to mentally calculate what certain algorithms are.

theres a ton, like over 400 im pretty sure

there’s way more than that. If the edges are oriented then it’s only 470.
I believe true I look last layer is 1212 algs.

Pfff, I can do those ::slight_smile:

Memorize 120 algorithms and a year you can learn them all in 10 years; of course, you have to disclude a few because you already know a lot of the algorithms.

Have a few math related (sort of) questions. From solve to solve there must be an even number of moves, right? Which would lead to the fact (if it were true) that any move from 20 moves away from solving the cube would bring you down to 19. How many moves can every 2x2 be solved within?

learning them isn’t the problem. I know of a guy who learned 50 algorithms in an hour. It’s recognition that’s horrible.

I think 11. I could be wrong though.

Wouldn’t that kind of disprove the first question? Edit: oh, wait never mind, not true

I’m honestly not sure about the first question.

I’m pretty sure it’s true, I just can’t figure out the proof. Because if you ever tried I’ll bet you couldn’t figure an odd-number sequence that gets a cube back to it’s original state. Did a brief search on the internet and saw nothing on it.

Got my aolong today and must say that I am happy with it. I’m quite satisfied with its speed. I’m hoping I can cut my record to 25 seconds soon.

New pb: 26.3. Slowly chipping away at that time.

Edit, 24:489