Cubing Corner

New PB: 22.47

Still with 2look but learning full PLL slowly.
Used my new Weilong ;D

great job someone! I got a 14.33 ao100 today so thats my new pb.

Used to solve 3x3 in 20~30 secs, but now I probably solve it in 45. I can also solve the 2x2, but never have timed myself.

I got 1:21 with the 2 look OLL and PLL. Yay! My personal best

Great job! Keep it up!

Starting to learn again. I stopped a few months ago cuz I just couldnā€™t beat my record. Boy did I lose a lot of time over that break! My current record is like 10 seconds under my all time record. Yuck! And I forgot about half of the algorithms I knew over that break too, including the ones for solving a 555 and 666. Got to admit though, I tried learning fridrich, but I just canā€™t stand memorizing things, so Iā€™m sticking with roux :-[

Even though I use cfop, I would reccomend staying with roux

1 Like
 I forgot how fun cubing can be.  For example, just a few minutes ago I was practicing my blind solve.  I have assigned certain certain stickers on the cube to be certain letters, and I'm trying to think of words that start with those letters that makes an easy-to-remember story.  This is kind of a formula I have.  I memorize a few letters, until I come up with a combination I can't find a word for.  So, for example, h, a, q; so what I do is I add three letters to "ha" and get "Hardy"; the q would be unlikely to get a u immediately following it, so I add three letters to "q" to get "quit."  "Hardy quit."  This process continues until I get something let's say like this: "Hardy quit going home."  Gobbledygook of course, but what that sequence is is, h, a, q, g, o, and h.  It's so challenging but it can be fun.

Isnā€™t it incredible how bad you can do on the final solve?

Im a cuber and here are my averages:

2x2: 6 secs (Ortega)

3x3: 17-18 secs (CFOP)

4x4: 1 minute 30 secs (Yau)

i fail the last solve all the time.

And welcome to cubing corner yoyosamqwe!
Feel free to PM me if you need any help or anything.

Blind solve successful! First try in forever, so that felt really good. I didnā€™t have any parity though, and three pieces started solved, so it was easy enough. Gotta learn r-perm.

Iā€™m so jealous of you. Iv been trying to learn to bld but It never sticks with me.

ill never attempt blind lol would take too long and if i messed it up id be so so so mad haha

:slight_smile:
It was a much easier one than normal. You know technically you can solve a cube blind with only y perm.

Btw, world, new pb!!! My first sub-30: 29.2. My old was 30. I spiked a tissue box lol

Okay guys, I seriously need a new cube. Mineā€™s pretty horrible, so Iā€™m looking for a good cube under $10, maybe $15. Any ideas?

Weilong

1 Like

Okey doke.

really fast but I can control it just fine. Got my 22.47 solve with it ;D (thats good for me lol). It doesnā€™t pop too often and is fairly smooth.

Thatā€™s even better for me lol. How much does it cost? I donā€™t trust myself to finding it at the correct price online.

Any other cubes I should think about?