Creating a yoyo logo

g5159

Advice and feedback welcome for this logo.

4 Likes

Text is mostly unreadable. Logos should make good use of positive and negative space. Should be balanced and identifiable at a glance.

If a picture is worth 1000 words, a logo is worth 1000 pics. They are not easy at all to create. Keep at it. Make 50 variations of your chose design. Try different spacing, colors, fonts, etc. Keep at it.

Logo design is super duper hard.

12 Likes

I agree with @Dust . Logo design is very difficult. It takes a ton of drafts and when you’re working with clients it will go through multiple revisions. I see where your idea’s going though! By the way, awesome to see a Burque club! If I wasn’t on the other side of Santa Fe I’d probably hang out and feel bad about how poorly I yo-yo!

2 Likes

Simplify wherever you can. Albuquerque is a super long awkward name. I would leave it off the logo, go with ABQ Yo-Yo Club or something shorter. Maybe even work ABQ into the mountain range in the logo so you can eliminate the text all together. Get creative with it.

5 Likes

oof that says Albuquerque? What’s an Albuquerque?

btw I think it’d be super cool to try coloring the yoyo bit yellow so it looks like a sun over the mountains.

A couple squigzag lines on the mountain would give it some texture too I think.

What about Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch ? i think that would be trickier

3 Likes

Forgot to mention its in Anglesey, North Wales, U.K

1 Like

advice and suggestions?

2 Likes

I’ve never been to Albuquerque.
But from your drafts i’m getting the idea of a mountain range, which i’m guessing, if correct, is a big recognition factor. So i’d stick with it. I like the yoyo in the 1st draft. Like the letter Q don’t like the B

Just as a thought is their state animals / birds / flowers / trees / food which could be used or incorporated ? It seems to work for Canada with the Maple Leaf.

and as a last thought which has just entered my head, so is pproberbly not helpful, so apologies. Could the yoyo become a Q somehow ?

I recommend making the bq a text with a font, instead of a hand-drawn text and making the bq smaller than the mountain (A).

One more thing, moving “yoyo” beside the bq would be better, or maybe a different place depending on how you feel about it. The yoyo text isnt placed very well at the moment imo.

3 Likes